What's new

2014 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Christmas Eve (GRU-Christmas)

Come join me on the Dark Side....You will find it to be freeing!!! I feel a huge weight off my shoulders :eek:)

You know you want to come join me and Darth Gig on the dark side :)

I just checked the Fine Accoutrements website.. their American Blend is my achilles heel! But NOPE! This is the quarterly restraint I will complete. I'm secretly hoping my wife peeks in my medicine cabinet to see which aftershave I like the most.. No hints will be dropped from me!

I just checked the Fine Accoutrements website.. their American Blend is my achilles heel! But NOPE! This is the quarterly restraint I will complete. I'm secretly hoping my wife peeks in my medicine cabinet to see which aftershave I like the most.. No hints will be dropped from me!

One more bottle won't hurt anything :)

Hi,

I am strong with the Force. This is quarterly restraint number 5 in a row for me. No way am I going Out. Not even for ATT OC Slant serial number One. This is doubly sure since it would also put me Out of my first yearly restraint. And, I am way too far along in that one to drop now!!

Stan - Still In!

Add on a little extra something for yourself when buying your Reindeer and Sleigh items. You DESERVE to treat yourself
Coming on strong with the dark side.

1. Kevdogg329 - razor restoration (OUT - Palmolive Cream)
2. Heron - Barrister & Mann Dickens (OUT - LASS soap)
3. martym-no exceptions
4. JasonNYM - no exceptions
5. unkajonet - B&M Fougere
6. KQY61 - no exception
7. Ulricus - Travel Strop (OUT - Custom Brush)
8. ryinzana - no exceptions
9. domzals1 - Tiki tallow puck
10. Eeyore - no exceptions.
11. Pepin - OC Aristocrat (OUT - TOBS AS)
12. Billy Goatee - OC Aristocrat (OUT - Razor Lot)
13. Corey - Above the Tie razor set
14. charger - Razor Restoration
15. Haggises - finishing stone or coticule
16. Gig103 - Gillette NEW Long Comb (OUT - Stirling Soaps)
17. emt88 - Gillette Senator replate job.
18. countrydirt- no exceptions (OUT - 6NOV - Ball End Tech)
19. Kyrlos -no exceptions
20. dgreene120 - Filly straight
21. Salsa - Omega boar brush
22. PhilC - Brian Brown straight (OUT - Rudy Vey Re-knot)
23. sgtd - no exceptions
24. stevil - possible restock of Thayers (one bottle only)
25. alaskazimm - ATT Slant (OUT - Schick Injector Blades)
26. SteveE1959 - 100 PolSilver blades
27. Ideal_Pragmatist - no exceptions
28. GrgSmth378 - no exceptions
29. KW Driver- TBD (OUT - Zowada Carbon Series Straight)
30. Matty T-No exceptions (OUT - Gillette Single Ring)
31. Aristeros-ATT baseplate
32. Trent- Razor replating service
33. abragus - Gillette New LC Replating
34. Tyrionstark - Speck ASL
35. SilverHawk 1916 Gillette OC with box.
36. Groat - Razorock slant
37. WPD123- no exceptions
38. jamesearthdrum - ATT slant
39. docholliday77 - Aveeno After Shave Lotion
40. Abramelin - Mongoose Razor
41. iTimbot - A tub of Proraso.
42. Bocefus - replacement badger knot (OUT - Senator(?), Black Beauty, brush handles, and 300 blades)
43. XsError - Straight razor restore
44. Cosmos Mariner - ATT Travel Case (OUT - 16OCT - B&M HALLOWS)
45. Bushhippi - RR Slant
46. Dabrock - no exceptions
47. Fudd-no exceptions
48. JJKing54 - Gillette New LC
49. dwsteen - no exceptions (OUT - Sheffield Straight)
50. Socialjunk95 - Merkur progress (OUT - Various software and brush)
51. Kbull719- none

Lord Darth Kevdogg reporting in as you fearless leader of the Dark Side.

I am out.

May you all come enjoy the freedom of the dark side. The winds of freedom are so FREEING!!

Adam,

Come join me on the Dark Side....You will find it to be freeing!!! I feel a huge weight off my shoulders :eek:)

You know you want to come join me and Darth Gig on the dark side :)

It is time for all to go buy their Christmas season scented soap to have those special SOTD (Especially if it is your first year DE/SE/Straight Shaving)

Add on a little extra something for yourself when buying your Reindeer and Sleigh items. You DESERVE to treat yourself

You know you want to join the dark side

One more bottle won't hurt anything :)

You know you prefer me being on the Dark Side....just admit it, buy yourself a stick of Arko, and join me :eek:)
And you want to be the leader of the yearly...

My Stirling order arrived today, with two extra bath samples! Rob is a great guy, and all the scents smell amazing. If I don't eat the orange, Almond, or black cherry, I will be sure to report on its quality. My wife says that 'pig trail' smells like Coca Cola to her.

For shaving I have vanilla sandalwood and two samples - Barbershop and Autumn. The other day I said I would 3017 my razorock but now I'm not so sure. Haha!

$uploadfromtaptalk1416447516011.jpg

My Stirling order arrived today, with two extra bath samples! Rob is a great guy, and all the scents smell amazing. If I don't eat the orange, Almond, or black cherry, I will be sure to report on its quality. My wife says that 'pig trail' smells like Coca Cola to her.

For shaving I have vanilla sandalwood and two samples - Barbershop and Autumn. The other day I said I would 3017 my razorock but now I'm not so sure. Haha!

View attachment 520957

I've got a few of those bath soaps, They're very nice. You're sure to enjoy them!

Kev,
You really are the sith Lord aren't you? I needle the folks who are tempted, but you practically steal their wallet and place the order for them!

Awesome SOTD today
Sticking true to my mini 3017, I did NOT use my new Stirling but continued on XXX. Great performance and scent. Astra continues to be a great blade for me, and finished with Mr. Taylor balm. Nice astringent from the witch hazel but no menthol on a breezy day like today!

#33 still in. Just put a couple things in my Amazon cart but took them out before I checked out. Not going out for Pinaud aftershave!

SOTD:
Gillette New SC w/ Indian Wilk Sword (3)
B&B Essential
Suavecito Shave Cream
Krampert's Bay Rum AS

I think I'm about 50% through my Suavecito at this point and enjoy it but I don't think I'll be purchasing it again. The Indian Wilkinson Swords are definitely serving their purpose and for a comparable price to my favorite Personna Lab Blues. Just takes a little palm stropping before I load it up to ensure it's smooth. Maybe palm stropping is a mental thing, but I'm don't think twice about it anymore with these blades.

#33 still in. Just put a couple things in my Amazon cart but took them out before I checked out. Not going out for Pinaud aftershave!

SOTD:
Gillette New SC w/ Indian Wilk Sword (3)
B&B Essential
Suavecito Shave Cream
Krampert's Bay Rum AS

I think I'm about 50% through my Suavecito at this point and enjoy it but I don't think I'll be purchasing it again. The Indian Wilkinson Swords are definitely serving their purpose and for a comparable price to my favorite Personna Lab Blues. Just takes a little palm stropping before I load it up to ensure it's smooth. Maybe palm stropping is a mental thing, but I'm don't think twice about it anymore with these blades.

How do you like the Indian wilkinson swords? Would you consider buying them in bulk? i think they are excellent blades and an excellent value for money! Not the sharpest blades, but smooth.

Socialjunk95 still out.
SOTD :

Edwin jagger de89
Gillette Indian blacks (super platinum)
Godrej shaving round
Omega 10049
Alum + gatsby musk.

The good thing about godrej shaving round is that it is so mildly scented that I can follow it up with any aftershave of my choice!

Last edited:
How do you like the Indian wilkinson swords? Would you consider buying them in bulk? i think they are excellent blades and an excellent value for money! Not the sharpest blades, but smooth.

Socialjunk95 still out.
SOTD :

Edwin jagger de89
Gillette Indian blacks (super platinum)
Godrej shaving round
Omega 10049
Alum + gatsby musk.

The good thing about godrej shaving round is that it is so mildly scented that I can follow it up with any aftershave of my choice!

They are decent enough.

Welcome to the proper side! This post brought to you by the Dark Side and PayPal [emoji41]

This post is sponsored by Italian Barber, along with eBay, Amazon, and wherever you like to purchase your saving bliss products. :thumbup:

I sense a major treewhale coming from one still in restraint......who could it be?

Not all can stay in their shackles for one more month.

Last edited:
Top Bottom