What's new

Astra Superior Platinum I choose YOU!

I have been DE shaving only a short time and tried a few blades. It seems my tolerance for scraping myself is kind of high so I can use just about any crummy blade without much trouble. I read a lot of reviews on different blades and gave the Astras a try. My comfort level with them is superior and I really impressed with the results of the shave. So for less than the price of a steak dinner I fixed myself with a 2 year supply. Any tips on keeping them good? Do they go bad, rust if kept in the wash room? I will certainly be giving other blades a shot but I wanted to have a stockpile to use as a baseline.

Great to hear that you have the comfort blade for your shaves. I agree Astra, are decent blades.

Just keep them packaged, avoid dampness they will be fine,

I love 'em, too.

There are some that are sharper, but few that, for me, are as smooth and long lasting. I get a 5 day week worth of 3 pass shaves from them. And every now and again I throw a 2 pass shave on that used blade on my day off.

I have gone through 2 1/2 100 packs about the last 4 years and that includes giving quite a few tucks away. I still have a 150 left and am think time to drop another $20 or $40 on them just to be safe.:whistling:

A great blade! I can get a full weeks worth of shaves(5) out of one. I think they could go longer but they are relatively inexpensive.....so I dont push it.

These are good blades. The first couple of times I gave them a try I didn't do well with them. That was very early on in my wetshaving. I couldn't get a good shave out of them to save my life! I have revisited them and I get a perfectly fine shave with them now. My technique is much better now so I do believe that is why. I shave my head and face so I don't get to use the same blade for a month like others do :sad: lol

Thank you good sir!

In my quest to find the perfect razor, I have decided on Astra SPs as my "standardized blade". Then, once I pick out my perfect razor(s), I will start playing around with various blades.

I've been working my way slowly through a blade sampler. These Astra SPs have so far been so superior (for me, I stress) that I might stop trying other brands and just pull the trigger on 100.

Same here, I use the Astra as my benchmark for any new razor.

In my quest to find the perfect razor, I have decided on Astra SPs as my "standardized blade". Then, once I pick out my perfect razor(s), I will start playing around with various blades.

First 100 pack i ever brought.
Second for me, after finding that Derby was absolutely not the blade for me! I keep all but a 5 pack out of the bathroom, in an armoire. Every Sunday I drop a fresh Astra SP in the 34C and off we go! The first shave is actually the least smooth, then it is six great shaves to Sunday.

My first 100 pack was the Astra SP. However, I've switched over to the Personna Labs blade. I think they're slightly superior. Even better, they're American made!

$American-Flag-Eagle.jpg

I've been looking to pull the trigger on my first 100 pack blades and I was considering the Astra SP. I definitely can't argue with the price (neither can the wife lol!!)

Top Bottom