What's new

I think i found my ultimate razor :

A week or so ago i posted a thread on recommendations for a more aggressive razor. one of the recommendations was for RR Jaws / Cadet OC. Most of people recommended a R41 which i decided against at this point because of the cost . I decided to order a RR Jaws and it came in the mail today. My first shave was with an Astra Superior Premium Platinum Blade. All i can say is wow am i impressed. I was a little worried because the amount of blade you could see exposed but this razor produced the best shave i've had so far. I usually do 3 passed and with the jaws i only did 2. There was absolutely no irritation (and i have very sensitive skin).

I also was impressed with the build quality. I think its build as good as my EJ DE89. I actually like its build better because it has a longer handle.

I'm going to be alternating the EJ DE89 and the jaws for a few weeks but i think at this point i'll end up selling my EJ DE89.

That's great that you found a razor you really enjoy. I don't have the RR Jaws, but I have and really enjoy using the RR Mission. I like everything about this razor. Would like to learn more about the Jaws.

Do you not enjoy the EJ DE89? Why do you want to get rid of it. If you also like it: Why not keep it as well?

A week or so ago i posted a thread on recommendations for a more aggressive razor. one of the recommendations was for RR Jaws / Cadet OC. Most of people recommended a R41 which i decided against at this point because of the cost . I decided to order a RR Jaws and it came in the mail today. My first shave was with an Astra Superior Premium Platinum Blade. All i can say is wow am i impressed. I was a little worried because the amount of blade you could see exposed but this razor produced the best shave i've had so far. I usually do 3 passed and with the jaws i only did 2. There was absolutely no irritation (and i have very sensitive skin).

I also was impressed with the build quality. I think its build as good as my EJ DE89. I actually like its build better because it has a longer handle.

I'm going to be alternating the EJ DE89 and the jaws for a few weeks but i think at this point i'll end up selling my EJ DE89.

What kind of beard do you have? ( light,med,heavy)

I like the open comb concept because the idea of keeping the cream on the face before the razor hits it..making a more slicker cut of the beard..
I am still experimenting finding my click..
But I'm liking my parker 24c OC...its mild enough for me
In the case of the RR Jaws , I didnt get it because I believe its like the Symmetry that I bought and its WAY TOO aggressive for me..

Does anyone know if the RR and Symmetry are alike?

Thxs

mike

Last edited:
I too have a RR Jaws OC razor. Bought it about 6 months ago and I alternate between the Jaws and an EJ DE87, usually a month with one, then switch. The Jaws does a great job. And as a bonus, it works equally well with my 3 go-to blades that I use in the DE87 (Astra SP, Personna red and Voskhod). The past 3 days I've been using a Feather blade in the Jaws and it's great.

I think for the money, you can't beat the RR Jaws as an entry into open comb shaving.

I too have a RR Jaws OC razor. Bought it about 6 months ago and I alternate between the Jaws and an EJ DE87, usually a month with one, then switch. The Jaws does a great job. And as a bonus, it works equally well with my 3 go-to blades that I use in the DE87 (Astra SP, Personna red and Voskhod). The past 3 days I've been using a Feather blade in the Jaws and it's great.

I think for the money, you can't beat the RR Jaws as an entry into open comb shaving.

RoFo.....I believe the EJ is like the 38C ...How would you say the RR aggressiveness is compared to the EJ?

Mike,
Took me a brief while to adjust to the greater blade exposure. Mostly an angle adjustment. It is more aggressive but the trade off is less passes, less irritation. I do love the DE87 and get consistant DFSs using it, but the Jaws really gets the job done with hardly any touch ups....at least for me. Old (64 year) heavy beard too.

The head weight is similar to the EJ and the longer handle is great for long (cheek) runs. I do choke up on the handle a tad for upper lip, under nose and chin area.

Long winded answer but I'd reckon about 25% more aggressive all things (blade, soap/cream, prep) being equal.

Mike,
Took me a brief while to adjust to the greater blade exposure. Mostly an angle adjustment. It is more aggressive but the trade off is less passes, less irritation. I do love the DE87 and get consistant DFSs using it, but the Jaws really gets the job done with hardly any touch ups....at least for me. Old (64 year) heavy beard too.

The head weight is similar to the EJ and the longer handle is great for long (cheek) runs. I do choke up on the handle a tad for upper lip, under nose and chin area.

Long winded answer but I'd reckon about 25% more aggressive all things (blade, soap/cream, prep) being equal.

You say 25% more aggressive...I think I can live with that....
But finding the best razor can drive a person nuts...
I've read , on another forum, that the Jaws is more aggressive than the Weber classic , which I do have, and that too is too aggressive for me..

I think I'm taking a time-out from buying razors..
I'll have to find something that works for me between....
Parker 24C
Merkur 38C
Super-adjustable
or my 1st purchase Merkur Long Handle

(Symmetry, Weber, Flair Tip , Progress, round out all that I have)

I know somewhere in there is my go to razor

Mike

Last edited:
I just ordered the Jaws. Not sure if I'm ready for it yet (I've been using the Mission), but it keeps taunting me.

I had exactly 2 razors The micro touch one and a Gem 1912 before ordering my RR Jaws and since my first shave with the Jaws they have been used only by my kids with no blades so they can shave with dad its a great razor.

I had exactly 2 razors The micro touch one and a Gem 1912 before ordering my RR Jaws and since my first shave with the Jaws they have been used only by my kids with no blades so they can shave with dad its a great razor.

Awesome, my boy who is 3 loves to use my spare omega 48 and a schick krona with a couple of problems but still opens and closes. He loves to shave with dad too. :)

Top Bottom