What's new

Soaps that are great Autumn.

I went ahead and ordered some St. Charles pumpkin. I think my fall rotation will be Tabac, SC pumpkin and RR mudder focker. I'm going to try to be really disciplined and stick to just those three from September until the end of November. Then I'll need to decide on some winter soaps. :D

Dont think you'll regret the SCS pumpkin...it's awesome!

B&M Roam would make a nice fall scent. I'd also consider RazoRock CC Bay Rum to be a nice fall scent due to all the spice. Other than that, maybe Musgo Real Spiced Citrus.

I don't own many warm scents but proraso red certainly comes to mind. Autumn will be coming to Eugene before we know it. I should stock up on some of these suggestions!

I don't own many warm scents but proraso red certainly comes to mind. Autumn will be coming to Eugene before we know it. I should stock up on some of these suggestions!

Eugene! Hello fellow Eugenian!

In case you didn't know, there is a store in downtown called Heritage Dry Goods that carries some traditional shave supplies. They have a handful of soaps, and a couple might even be decent for Autumn like Cella, and Portland General Store whiskey scent.

My Fall/Winter rotation includes, but not limited to:

MWF
Proraso Red
Cade
Tabac
Marlborough
Cella
Mudder Focker

I also start using the cologne type scents more

Palmolive stick (EURO)
Wilkonson stick
RR Freeburg

I'm sure I'll dig out others but that's what comes to mind first.

This seems like it would be a warm earthy Fall scent. I've never tried Synergy though. How does it compare to Tabac or RR?

Being relatively new to wet shaving (started this past June), i haven't had the chance to try Tabac or RR yet.

Off the top of my head these are the ones I have on hand for fall.

Panacrema nostalgia
Mikes barbershop
Cella red tub
Various bay rums
DRH Marlborough

I think DR Harris Windsor with the cedar would be great in the fall
Not sure I agree with this assessment of the Windsor - I think the Marlborough has this scent.
That said, my contribution to this thread is:
DR Harris Marlborough because of the cedar/woodsy scent
MWF because of the moisturizing properties

That doesn't mean the others get totally ignored of course!:biggrin1:

I must have gotten into wetshaving after the Synergy Pumpkin 3.14 had been released and sold out.....sounds like a great Autumn soap. Since this will be my first Autumn of wet shaving I have just started thinking about what soaps to use. I love my mentholated summer soaps and I am going to try and use them until the weather just wont any longer allow it. Anyone else refusing to let the summer slip away??

As far what comes to mind for the Autumn/winter
TABAC : When isn't Tabac a great choice?
Stirling - Barbershop : Maybe my top scented soap.......warm and intoxicating but a bit heavy for warm weather usage.
Blades Grimm - Smolder : I got this soap when I won a Straight in a photo contest and it is an awesome soap. Great performance and a very nice barbershop-ish scent. I hear its made by the same person who makes Maggards soaps
Pre de Provence : When its cold and dry out the moisturizing ability of this soap will do the trick. Along with the matching ASB its a great year round choice
TOBS - Eton College : A very manly cologne scent. Reminds me getting dressed up for a fall or Christmas time dinner party. Simply sublime.
lastly B & M - Cheshire and Seville : Top notch artisan soap with great warming scent.

I purchased a couple and have been saving them for the upcoming Autumn and Fall months. I purchased. HTGAM Chocolate Bourbon and Meta Nectar, Stirlings Ben Franklin, Coniferous and Ozark. I plan to add this to the rotation of Tabac, MWF, DRH Marlborough.

So I started my Autumn shave plan on the 1st. To my great pleasure the weather cooperated the first four days and the mornings have been very cool where I live. It's been clear blue skies and very cool mornings, typical Autumn mornings in Oregon... When it isn't raining.

This is the first time I have tried the theme shave and I love it. I have used Tabac and RR MF, and I'm waiting on some SCS pumpkin.

I have gotten some great ideas on great Fall soaps from this thread. I would love to try them all, but I think I need to use up my stockpile a little first.

A related question... Does anyone know of an Oktoberfest soap???

Top Bottom