What's new

Ebay advice

I've had this happen. Sometimes they will ake a few days to pay, other times once you get eBay involved they will claim their kid was on the computer and bid on the item by "accident". If they don't pay make sure you get your seller fees back from eBay.
good advice,when i first started selling on ebay i had a non payer,let it slide and never got ebay involved, relisted and ended up £12 down on ebay fees, i know its only £12,but a lesson learned,3 to 4 days max, then get ebay involved.

Hi Gents: An update on the Ebay situation, the buyer only has one feedback score so this buyer is a newbie. However, the one feedback this person has is a positive feedback with a "prompt payment" quote. I did message the buyer yesterday congratulating the buyer and to kindly make Paypal payment so I can ship the shave item. However, I did not get no response. I will take the advice from you all and wait at least 4 days. Thanks again for all the responses. I learned a lot. I will keep you posted.

WARHAWK

Well today is day #4 and no answer from the winning bidder. This person actively bidded daily and no payment yet. I think I will wait for another day. Since, this is my very 1st time having a "problem" for non-payment... should I give this buyer a "bad" feedback score? This bidder only has one and I repeat only one feedback but positive feedback. This person has been only an Ebayer since Dec 2013. All I gotta say is that I am very disappointed.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Should I wait another day or so? Should I re-list? Should I give this person a negative feedback? I would love to hear your thoughts and if you ever been in my situation.

WARHAWK

Well today is day #4 and no answer from the winning bidder. This person actively bidded daily and no payment yet. I think I will wait for another day. Since, this is my very 1st time having a "problem" for non-payment... should I give this buyer a "bad" feedback score? This bidder only has one and I repeat only one feedback but positive feedback. This person has been only an Ebayer since Dec 2013. All I gotta say is that I am very disappointed.

Would love to hear your thoughts. Should I wait another day or so? Should I re-list? Should I give this person a negative feedback? I would love to hear your thoughts and if you ever been in my situation.

WARHAWK

I don't believe sellers can leave Negative feedback against Buyers totals any longer. You can give him a non-paying strike, which they may or may not monitor or count against him.

If you had more then one bidder, you can offer it up as a "second chance" to the next highest bidder (all bids from the deadbeat will be removed, so it will be the top bid without him in it) and see if they want it, or take a chance or relisting.

He may not want to divulge his eBay name and don't believe it will have any bearing on what he's asking advise on.
Hi Bruce: You are right about that. As much as I want to, I'm not going to post the ended auction. It's just absolutely frustrating because I am trying to build up my PayPal account to fund more shaving items. This person has really "messed" my plans.

WARHAWK

Another question that I have which I will ask tomorrow from Ebay. May I request to Ebay for this buyer to be "banned" for ever from any of my future auctions? If so, that would be great for me in the future.

WARHAWK

I think its 4 days you have to pay and after that its considered a default and you can do something about it. Also you can block any member from your auctions.

You should open the case now. Once you open the case the buyer still has 4 days to pay. So if you wait another day or more to open the case, the buyer still gets 4 more days from the time you open the case for non-payment. After the case has been opened for 4 days, if you still haven't heard from the buyer, you can close the case, and eBay will record a non-payment strike against the buyer. If the buyer gets 3+ strikes for non-payment in a short period of time, eBay will usually ban the buyers account.

Once you are logged into your eBay account, check out this page: http://pages.ebay.com/services/buyandsell/biddermanagement.html

Follow through to Add to block list link and put the buyers id in there. From then on they will no longer be able to bid/buy from your listings unless you remove their id from that list.

Unless you stated specifically what your payment expectations were he may be taking full advantage of the time to acquire funds or whatever. In any rate he has 4 days from the close of the auction before a claim for nonpayment can be made.

Another question that I have which I will ask tomorrow from Ebay. May I request to Ebay for this buyer to be "banned" for ever from any of my future auctions? If so, that would be great for me in the future.

WARHAWK

They won't ban him for you, but YOU can block him from bidding on any future auctions yourself. It's done through your account.

1. To add a member to your blocked list:
    1. Go to the Block bidders or buyers from your listings page.

2. Enter the user IDs of the members you want to block.

3. Click Submit

Have you applied for buyers contact details? I think you can still do this! - i have done this in past and have telephoned them and resolved.
problem!!

Top Bottom