What's new

SPILL THE BEANS:Soaps vs. Creams

Shaving Soap or Shaving Cream

• Soap

• Cream

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Alright, well I consider you guys my buddies, and I know I could have just looked some stuff up. But, I want to know out of the guys CURRENTLY around here with the products that are currently out there, if you had to choose 1. What would it be, a shaving soap? Or a shaving cream? Oh, and which one if you would....lol I know, just try and get you to pick one, right? lol well, just pretend if you can convince yourself to...

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Shaving creams are easier to use but I go through them quicker than a shave soap. A shave soap just need the right amount of product, once you figure that out, you will be in driver seat. Shave soaps for me.

Shaving stick (counts as other?)...I like it cause it's just convenient. Plus Arko is dirt cheap!

I just won't choose. I use both, maybe creams and croaps 70%, hard soaps 30%, and I like this combo fine. Thinning the herd, I have about 15 in rotation, mainly rose and almond.

I probably have 20-25 pucks of Williams, and up until a few days ago I used Williams. It's still good, I can get an awesome lather out of Williams. But since discovering Barbasol in a tube I have a hard time imagining using anything else. I still have 2 tubes of CO Bigelow that I am not using. I'll probably give it to my father in law he'll use anything.

I probably have 20-25 pucks of Williams, and up until a few days ago I used Williams. It's still good, I can get an awesome lather out of Williams. But since discovering Barbasol in a tube I have a hard time imagining using anything else. I still have 2 tubes of CO Bigelow that I am not using. I'll probably give it to my father in law he'll use anything.

Thats funny you mention Williams, I was just asking about it earlier. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/416314-Williams-mug-shaving-soap Where did you buy the CO Bigelow?

Last edited:
Does the Arko soap perform like the Arko cream? Ive only tried the cream.

The only Arko cream I've tried is the Extra Sensitive. I like the stick/soap a lot better. I found the scents to be a little different and the cream does lather pretty well, but I find the stick to be a much slicker shave. And as Luc said, the stick lasted me longer.

I started off as a Cream guy (because it was easier to lather), but now I am changing over to liking soaps more. Soaps in general just seem slicker to me. Mystic Waters Lily of the Valley is fast becoming my favorite soap.

Soap, no question. And I've got enough to last at least 5 years!.....One single favorite? Impossible, but if pressed, a tie between I Coloniali Mango Oil or Petal Pusher Fancies (at least for now).

La Toja stick, if I had to chose one, but I have a long list of soaps and creams that I could be happy with if forced to use only one.

Top Bottom