What's new

SPILL THE BEANS:Soaps vs. Creams

Shaving Soap or Shaving Cream

• Soap

• Cream

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm going to throw a wrench in your plans. :lol:

I vastly prefer creams when I bowl lather, but I vastly prefer soaps when I face lather.

Crazy huh?

T&H has some outstanding products, but there are some fantastic soaps as well and they seem to last a little longer...
Wouldn't it be bad enough just to be forced to pick one of each? :w00t:

But since discovering Barbasol in a tube I have a hard time imagining using anything else.

Barbasol Brushless in a tube is wonderful stuff, but it seems very few shavers know anything about it. I use it whenever I don't have time to whip up lather.

But I usually want to lather up a brush, and by far my favorite way to do it is Stirling Scotts Pine Sheep Soap. I have plenty of other soaps and C O Bigelow cream that will probably go to waste because I keep coming back to Stirling Sheep.

Well, I mostly use soaps. I use also creams in bowls, like Cella, but I don't like creams in tubes. I just don't like the look of the tube.:001_rolle

I like both but if I had to choose, it would be soaps. I could use the Strop Shoppe Special Edition Barbershop with Tallow for the rest of my shaves and be completely satisfied.

I like both, but Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes cream is superb & you hardly need to dip the brush to get a mega lather

I use soaps 98% of the time, but I do enjoy a few creams.

I could use Mike's Natural soaps everday and be happy.
(MWF would be a close second)

I prefer soaps, though I have several creams and use them on occasion. To pick just one soap, though? MWF, probably.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
overwhelmingly soap users here.

45 of the last 52 shaves I've used Barbasol.

I prefer creams over soaps. Lately I prefer speed and convenience over cream and brush.

Top Bottom