What's new

My 40th birthday gift from my dad,posting here too

I posted this in another forum but I thought it would be better to post here. I recently got the bug to also buy SE razors to do clean up work under my nose and to see what they were all about. I currently own an EJ DE89, Prewar Tech and Gillette Short Comb. My dad saw how interested I was in history, I love old things and he sent me a gift in the mail from Arkansas. The only other SE I own is a recently purchased Schick I1 in excellent condition. Here is the gift he sent me. Any information on it is greatly appreciated.

$DSC03332.jpg$DSC03333.jpg$DSC03334.jpg$DSC03335.jpg

It looks like a very nice GEM 1912, but others will have to give you more specifics. Congratulations on getting such a nice razor. It should give you great shaves.

Happy birthday. You have a thoughtful dad.

That's a nice, clean Gem 1912. Not made in 1912, but design patented that year. It is very hard to date these to a specific year.

Load it up and shave away. Be sure to get shaving SE blades and not those for paint scrapers at hardware stores.

Yes sir, your going to like that one...the 1912 GEM's are wonderful razors that are favored by many.
Way to go DAD!

Top Bottom