What's new

New DE Shaver - Tell me your 'must haves'

Looks like I'll be getting myself a boar brush. I have some blue personna blades on the way for me to try. Clubman original and Aqua Velva seem to be popular too.

Are you asking what I would take to a desert island, or for must-have recommendations? My one razor would be my ATT Kronos, but that's a $185 razor. My must-have recommendation would be a Gillette New.

A good open comb razor

+1. I can't emphasise this enough. I started with a Muehle R89 which is a great razor I especially love its handle.
Last month I got my Gillette NEW (SC) and this morning I had my second shave with it.
It was a dream. Smoother shave than with the Muehle.
I love open comb razors. It's a revelation.

For a razor it'd be my Weber (I have the polished head version). My first razor was the EJ DE89 and I love my Weber. Made me forget about the EJ.
Then Truefitt and Hill 1805 shaving cream.
Thayers witch hazel for my aftershave.
And for the brush I'd go with Simpsons Duke 3, but I'd still think about my Semogue OC 2 band a lot.

Seriously the only shaving item I would take on an deserted island would be my Omega 49 brush. Your blades and soap will run out fast and shaving without a mirror and hot water is not my style anyway.
But I would still soak my 49 and use it to ex-foliate my face every day :lol:

If I was on a desert island I would just grow a big bushy castaway beard....no ladies to impress with my smooth face or great scent on a deserted island:tongue_sm

Floid Blue aftershave
Arlington Soap
Badger brush
Black Beauty for my razor
A nice bowl to make my lather

I'd be pretty happy out there. No work, beach all day, and a clean shave every morning..... ahhhhhh :)

I would bring a good straight razor and all the equipment needed for maintenance. Not because I have any clue how to shave with a straight, but assuming you don't have an infinite supply of blades it would last a lot longer than a safety razor setup. And it could double as a weapon, in a pinch.

Brush: 24mm Whipped Dog
Blade: Personna Med Prep
Soap: LA Shaving Soap Co
Razor: Gillette Fat Handle Tech
AS: Indian Old Spice Lime

I make my own shaving soap and prefer that over any commercial product. My soap is based on a similar recipe to LA Shaving Soap Co.

Top Bottom