What's new

Gentlemanly Restraint Passaround Box

Hang in there guys... Its coming now.

I have to say, it was semi-traumatic to let go of the box. One of the last conversations I had with my wife was about the box....
I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster. Thanks for the time and starting this up. By the time it gets back to you, it should have a nice new variety for you guys to thumb through.

We only post takes correct? After thinking, it wouldn't make much sense to post what we put in as that would cut down on the mystery as it goes along. I have a couple, maybe 3, software items to add. I assume if there is a question regarding value, we should take it up via PM with kbull and possibly those that were before us in the pass around?

I can only imagine the emotional roller coaster. Thanks for the time and starting this up. By the time it gets back to you, it should have a nice new variety for you guys to thumb through.

We only post takes correct? After thinking, it wouldn't make much sense to post what we put in as that would cut down on the mystery as it goes along. I have a couple, maybe 3, software items to add. I assume if there is a question regarding value, we should take it up via PM with kbull and possibly those that were before us in the pass around?

takes only as far as i know.

takes only as far as i know.
Correct.

And yes.

So, I assume it would violate the restraint to buy something for the box now even though I've already broken into most of the stuff I bought the first time around, right?

Cool. This sounds fun :) If I take software out can I put some vintage blades in? Vintage British Wilkies, Spoilers etc. or is it software for software?

Last edited:
So, I assume it would violate the restraint to buy something for the box now even though I've already broken into most of the stuff I bought the first time around, right?

​Remember this is a restraint after all....but Kevdogg has the final word........

My vote would be ok. Technically it's a pif item. Any input kev?

​Remember this is a restraint after all....but Kevdogg has the final word........

If you buy an item for a gift or a PIF, it won't count against you in the quarterly restraint as long as you DO NOT use it.

If you buy an item for a gift or a PIF, it won't count against you in the quarterly restraint as long as you DO NOT use it.
I think we need to be careful here. For it to truly remain a PIF, there can't an exchange from the box. Trades are allowed only if trading something we purchased prior to the restraint. I can't go buy something now, not use it, and then trade for something I want.

To me, it defeats the purpose of the restraint. Hope that makes sense

This is a touchy subject. I would say you have to currently own the items to add to the box. Buying items for the passaround box will put you out as the intent is to share what you like on hand, and this is not a B&B sanctioned event.. Buying for a pif is acceptable. Just my two cents. Leaders we can conference this issue if you disagree.

This is a touchy subject. I would say you have to currently own the items to add to the box. Buying items for the passaround box will put you out as the intent is to share what you like on hand, and this is not a B&B sanctioned event.. Buying for a pif is acceptable. Just my two cents. Leaders we can conference this issue if you disagree.

Understood. I think that whatever I bought when this pass around was setup in June has been sampled by now. I may have some unopened stuff left. Otherwise, I still have some very lightly used stuff.

Was planning on letting go of my new Speick and Palmolive sticks in the box.. After smelling, I'm thinking otherwise!

Picked up 5 sticks of Palmolive when I was in the UK this past June. Superb lather, scent, and post shave feel. Really hard to beat at about $1 a stick.

Top Bottom