What's new

What did you learn from your last shave?

The scent of Catie's LTV is one of the best soaps I've smelled. It also lathers up luxouriously.

I will try that. I love the performance of this soap so much I'm going to make two blind purchases and LTV will be in there. I'm trying to decide if I should go for Midnight dreary or LPV for the second one.

I didn't really care much for Spanish Holiday, it gave me some sort of detergent vibe like MLS Kraken but the performance and the post shave feel.. just wow. I am blown away. I was never blown away by a soap but this one did.

Thank you by the way for the recommendation :)

Last edited:
Figured out the secret of the R41: Can't use it with only a days growth, but if the growth is approaching 2 days, the Beast is a pretty neat razor.

My Schick M3 adjustable and my Schick E2 injectors give me some of the best shaves I've ever had....DE's, straights, shavettes....mild, aggressive, open comb, safety bar....all different blades...and now I think I may have found my newest favorite!!

Gillette NEW LC + Astra SP might not a good combination for me. Or was it my lather ? I got some razor burn tonight. First time in many months. Still love this razor, though.

Whilst I despise cold shave---my face loves it. Even in TX.
Witch hazel splash afterwards---walk---get dressed---aftershave balm
every saturday---neutrogena blue with glycolic acid...no shave til the next day
Face soaps daily? Purpose, Cetaphil, Basis
And TG for toothbrushes, homemade tendskin recipes...and witch hazel

Mantic59, while an aggie, is still a shaving god
And proves cats are at least funny, if not cool

And I need to fix my shaving angle

If I could attach a photo
TEXAS AGGIES
LEADERS IN AGRICULTURE
AND SHAVING

That I can apparently do an acceptable job of shaving without my glasses on.

I think I'd like to try a razor with more audible feedback than my 33C though, some places I really had no idea what was happening until I rinsed and could feel what was left behind.

When using a very narrow straight (4/8 or less) one must be careful to keep the blade from 'stalling' and nosediving into flesh possibly releasing precious bodily fluids. I think controlling the rotation is important due to the low mass and small rotation axis of the blade. But trying to do that without having a death grip is proving to be a difficult proposition.

Top Bottom