What's new

Happy DFS for a week

A week now of renewed DE shaving, after 20 years in the Mach 3 wilderness. Fabulous so far.

brush: no-name red and white boar, until Larry at WD restores my vintage butterscotch
bowl: nice handmade bowl and mug from Utile Mud
soap and cream: here's where I've had fun. D.R. Harris Rose Cream, tons of pink lather in the bowl. Smooth, thick. Geo. Trumper Rose Soap in wrecked wood bowl. My usual-suspect soap, still wonderful, but the Harris cream is giving it a run for the money. Stirling Rose and Cella ready to try next. The Cella has an aroma that is odd, to me, but we'll see how it works out
razor: Gillette Fat Boy, 2nd q., 1960. Bought on Ebay for a fair price. Same as my first razor ever. Love it
blade: Wilkinsons provided by razor seller
pre- and post-shave: Geo. Trumper Coral Skin Food
EdC: 4711; more to follow, when I get the bucks

So all in all, I am delighted to be back. I am shaving the way I did for 25+ years; it's a little odd that what was to me the day-to-day habit of shaving has become sort of the cult of the DE, but I'm not complaining. Rather, I am learning a ton.

Congrats. Glad to hear that you are off to such a smooth start. DE shaving is definitely where it's at!!

A week now of renewed DE shaving, after 20 years in the Mach 3 wilderness. Fabulous so far.

brush: no-name red and white boar, until Larry at WD restores my vintage butterscotch
bowl: nice handmade bowl and mug from Utile Mud
soap and cream: here's where I've had fun. D.R. Harris Rose Cream, tons of pink lather in the bowl. Smooth, thick. Geo. Trumper Rose Soap in wrecked wood bowl. My usual-suspect soap, still wonderful, but the Harris cream is giving it a run for the money. Stirling Rose and Cella ready to try next. The Cella has an aroma that is odd, to me, but we'll see how it works out
razor: Gillette Fat Boy, 2nd q., 1960. Bought on Ebay for a fair price. Same as my first razor ever. Love it
blade: Wilkinsons provided by razor seller
pre- and post-shave: Geo. Trumper Coral Skin Food
EdC: 4711; more to follow, when I get the bucks

So all in all, I am delighted to be back. I am shaving the way I did for 25+ years; it's a little odd that what was to me the day-to-day habit of shaving has become sort of the cult of the DE, but I'm not complaining. Rather, I am learning a ton.

Upgrade to better brush and get a blade sampler for the ultimate in experimental shave discoveries.

Top Bottom