What's new

Disapointed in Musgo Real cream

today I used a good 2 inches out of the tube and made sure my brush wasn't too wet. Result: one of the smoothest shaves I have had, a real BBS. So yes, you need to use a LOT of product, but when you hit that sweet spot, the results are really worth it.

Bingo !!

Musgo Real Shaving Cream is simply - Magic !!!

Not all products are the same, therefore there is no rule of thumb about using an almond sized or dime size amount for all products. You definitely need to find the sweet-spot, therefore try not to judge a product too early.

Try using more product, add water as needed and enjoy the process of lathering up. I've also found that you need to spend a little more time lathering this stuff, therefore be patient...Eventually - Boom, its just like magic - You get this creamy slick lather, which will provide you with one of the best shaves.

Bingo !!

Musgo Real Shaving Cream is simply - Magic !!!

Not all products are the same, therefore there is no rule of thumb about using an almond sized or dime size amount for all products. You definitely need to find the sweet-spot, therefore try not to judge a product too early.

Try using more product, add water as needed and enjoy the process of lathering up. I've also found that you need to spend a little more time lathering this stuff, therefore be patient...Eventually - Boom, its just like magic - You get this creamy slick lather, which will provide you with one of the best shaves.

Excellent advice. Musgo has a learning curve but it's worth putting in the time to dial it in just right to get rich creamy lather. It will give you a feeling of accomplishment once you get it.

I am the odd man out, but I found the scent of Musgo Real revolting. One of my least favorite scents in a shaving product ever. Have no idea why, but it just did not set well with me. Reminded me of rancid mink oil, like you waterproof leather boots with.

More for the rest of you.

Musgo Real's lather is not like most other creams. It doesn't really whip up into shaving cream. It's just sort of flat and thin. That's the way it is supposed to be, however, and it's a top notch performer, when made right.

I have used several of the Musgo tube creams. For some reason with the oakmoss, I need to use a bit more water. It tends to be a bit drier. I would give it a few more tries. I have success using boars but my custom badger(s) really shine with the Musgo creams.

Use a bowl, don't go full-on sloppy "Marco method" but a wetter brush adding a few drops at a time.

Top Bottom