What's new

Need Help With Wild Bill's

So I'm a Canadian, which among many things means I pay crushingly high taxes on tobacco. My friend is traveling to the US this coming weekend and will be able to bring back some tobacco for me. He says that he goes to a store called Wild Bill's. Here is were I need help, I've never been to a Wild Bill's so I do not know what they carry as far as pipe tobacco. Can anyone point me to a list/menu online or know what particular brands are carried in these stores? I need to give my buddy some options.

I think someone mentioned that they have bulk Dunhill 965, Nightcap, and Early Morning Pipe. It may be under a different name though. This is me just going off of memory.

Would they then, by extension carry Dunhill tins? The easy I can make this for my buddy (non pipe smoker) the better. The last time I was in Detroit area I visited two smoke shops and they both seemed to carry bulk Aro's and Dunhill tins. The last time this guy puck something up for me he got me about an ounce of Dunhill 965 so I know they have that.

Failing any specifics I might just tell him to grab as many tins of Dunhill Navy Rolls as he can and failing that just grab whatever other Dunhill tins they might have.

They all seem to carry different tobacco, I have not seen Dunhill ftins but I have seen Peterson's tins. The bulk Dunhill and such us rightly named though, so if he gets any of those you should be good.

how bout you make a list of stuff your looking for and then give them a call and see if they have it?

+1 Boro, I wish I thought of that.:D

hehe also once u get them on the phone, you could also talk to them and give them general ideas of what your looking for and see what they have there, say if your looking for english blends, or VaPer, or whatever and see what they carry.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
You probably know this, but I would check with customs to see how much tobacco you are allowed to bring across the border for personal consumption. Why should the border patrol guys enjoy your fine tobacco?

Go analog and give them an old timey phone call. Their inventory probably turns so fast they can't lis *** all online.

How about getting a specific name of a clerk there and have him/her set aside what you want so that your buddy can just walk in, ask for _____________, and pick up your pre-ordered stuff. The buddy can call you or shoot you a photo while he's there to make double sure he has what you want.

Mystery solved.

Right before I posted here I actually used the "contact us" feature on there website so hopefully I'll be able to get into contact with someone that way.

As far as I know any Canadian having spent 48 hours or more in the US can bring back a carton of cigarettes, OR fifty cigars, OR 200gr of pipe tobacco.

As for "personal consumption" I'm not sure. I carried a pouch of baccy across the last time I went to Detroit and didn't have a problem so I'm not sure. Don't think if want to push my luck though.

The phone call is my last resort as I only have a cell phone and my plan does not include calls to the US so that gets rather pricey. I guess there's always my work phone :)

Alright so I stopped at Wild Bills yesterday, they carry bulk Altadis tobacco, and some stores carry some tins of Peterson's, 90 percent of the bulk is aromatics, 965 and a virginia blend. I am going to one later today I could snap a couple pics for ya if it's not to late.

I dont think my friend is going until Easter Weekend so if you mange to get there great, if not I'm still appreciative for the offer.

I was actually helping a buddy today as well, totally more important than taking pics of a tobacco shop.

Cheers.

Top Bottom