What's new

My New Metropolitan

I asked for and received a Pilot Metropolitan for Christmas. My pen stable includes a Parker ball point, a Waterman roller ball and a Lamy Safari. I just recently took my Metropolitan out for my first extended writing session. I love it so far.

Attachments

• $-1.jpg
    $-1.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 203
  • $-2.jpg
    $-2.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 202
That's nice. Is it the medium nib? I thought about it getting it when it was on Massdrop but decided against it.

An excellent choice.

You won't need another pen in your lifetime.

Except... well, let's just say you'll be buying more fountain pens in your lifetime. :yesnod:

I gave one as a gift and the recipient has complained that it keeps exploding with ink over her desk, bag, hands etc.
Any ideas?
She's using the pelikan converter.

I gave one as a gift and the recipient has complained that it keeps exploding with ink over her desk, bag, hands etc.
Any ideas?
Why would she use a Pelikan converter? I'd stick with either a cartridge or the original Pilot squeeze converter. Make sure that the cartridge or converter is firmly seated in the pen. It should be pretty tight. If it continues to leak, there may be something damaged...a crack or hole that allows air into the pen.

Any ideas?

It sucks that you went to the effort of getting someone a pen and it's not working out as hoped. I'm frustrated for you.

An excellent choice.

You won't need another pen in your lifetime.

Except... well, let's just say you'll be buying more fountain pens in your lifetime. :yesnod:

I'm sure I will. At this point, I don't have a next pen in mind. But I have no doubt that will happen eventually.

I'm sure I will. At this point, I don't have a next pen in mind. But I have no doubt that will happen eventually.

The Metropolitan is a great pen, hope it brings many fine hours of writing.

Perhaps a 78G could be the next one, another fantastic pen, and the nib section is interchangeable with the metro.

The Metropolitan is a great pen, hope it brings many fine hours of writing.

Perhaps a 78G could be the next one, another fantastic pen, and the nib section is interchangeable with the metro.

Thanks. I've thought about the 78G. Probably will be my next pen.

My first pen (2 weeks ago was the metro) and I've just ordered another one!! You'll love that pen. The new one I ordered I upgraded to the con-50.

Enjoy it!

You can also get a slightly larger converter, the CON-70, I believe (?).

Regarding your friend, if the ink leak is because the converter is leaking where it is supposed to seal, then I would definitely try a Pilot converter.

Top Bottom