What's new

I bought a TWSBI Go

I have been looking for a pen that is easy to operate, easy to clean, and didn't cost a bomb. It also needed to write well. My purpose was to have a pen that I could use to test inks. I went to the Pen Gallery today and I tried a TWSBI Go, TWSBI Swipe, Pilot Tank, and Lamy AL-Star. The Tank was too small, though it was interesting because it is filled by an eye dropper. By small, I mean too slender for my big hands. I liked the Lamy, but it was more money than I wanted to spend. So, then it was down to the Go and the Swipe.

Both have a unique for the price range plunger converter to load the ink. All one need do is press the button, so to speak, and the pen is loaded. The one on the Go has the spring behind the plunger and the one on the Swipe has the spring in with the plunger. Both are super easy, and I mean very easy, to use. The swipe does come with a piston style converter and can use cartridges, as well. The Go can use cartridges, also.

I tried writing side by side. They both use the same nib as the more expensive TWSBI Eco, so I was expecting good things. I liked both pens. The Swipe is a lot better looking and to me, I prefer it over the Eco. The Go isn't as pretty, looking fat and stubby. The Swipe can be taken completely apart down to small pieces for cleaning and I almost bought it because of that. However, I ended up buying the Go for three reasons, though I like them both. First, the price. The Go is cheaper. Second, the Go comes in more nib choices. I ended up getting the broad. Third, when I wrote with them, though both wrote well, the Go fit my hand better and was more comfortable due to its slightly larger girth.

Along with the Go I bought a bottle of Diamine Bougainvillea ink. It is a beautiful, rich pinkish reddish ink with a hint of purple. I screwed off the back cap of my Go and inserted the nib and pressed the plunger, slowing releasing it. Viola! The pen was full! It was that easy.

I took out my pad and started writing and it is a really smooth writer with that broad nib. I enjoyed it and the nib is enough to really show off the color of that gloriously beautiful ink. The pen I bought is completely clear and looks great. I wasn't happy with the clear blue or smoke. The all clear is just right. I can see all of the inner workings of the pen and see that beautiful ink. In my terrible pictures you can get a glimpse of the color of the ink near the feed before the nib. The pen is nearly, but not completely full of ink.

It isn't as smooth as my Pilot E95s, but I don't think anything is. It is, however, very smooth and lays down a lot of ink. There were no skips, railroading, nothing. I can easily control the pen and make fine, medium, and broader lines without having to press the nib. Nice. If TWSBI would make and upgraded version of this pen I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I ordered a leather diary and I am going to start writing some of my poems in it with this pen and the Pilot. Can't wait.

I have been looking for a pen that is easy to operate, easy to clean, and didn't cost a bomb. It also needed to write well. My purpose was to have a pen that I could use to test inks. I went to the Pen Gallery today and I tried a TWSBI Go, TWSBI Swipe, Pilot Tank, and Lamy AL-Star. The Tank was too small, though it was interesting because it is filled by an eye dropper. By small, I mean too slender for my big hands. I liked the Lamy, but it was more money than I wanted to spend. So, then it was down to the Go and the Swipe.

Both have a unique for the price range plunger converter to load the ink. All one need do is press the button, so to speak, and the pen is loaded. The one on the Go has the spring behind the plunger and the one on the Swipe has the spring in with the plunger. Both are super easy, and I mean very easy, to use. The swipe does come with a piston style converter and can use cartridges, as well. The Go can use cartridges, also.

I tried writing side by side. They both use the same nib as the more expensive TWSBI Eco, so I was expecting good things. I liked both pens. The Swipe is a lot better looking and to me, I prefer it over the Eco. The Go isn't as pretty, looking fat and stubby. The Swipe can be taken completely apart down to small pieces for cleaning and I almost bought it because of that. However, I ended up buying the Go for three reasons, though I like them both. First, the price. The Go is cheaper. Second, the Go comes in more nib choices. I ended up getting the broad. Third, when I wrote with them, though both wrote well, the Go fit my hand better and was more comfortable due to its slightly larger girth.

Along with the Go I bought a bottle of Diamine Bougainvillea ink. It is a beautiful, rich pinkish reddish ink with a hint of purple. I screwed off the back cap of my Go and inserted the nib and pressed the plunger, slowing releasing it. Viola! The pen was full! It was that easy.

I took out my pad and started writing and it is a really smooth writer with that broad nib. I enjoyed it and the nib is enough to really show off the color of that gloriously beautiful ink. The pen I bought is completely clear and looks great. I wasn't happy with the clear blue or smoke. The all clear is just right. I can see all of the inner workings of the pen and see that beautiful ink. In my terrible pictures you can get a glimpse of the color of the ink near the feed before the nib. The pen is nearly, but not completely full of ink.

It isn't as smooth as my Pilot E95s, but I don't think anything is. It is, however, very smooth and lays down a lot of ink. There were no skips, railroading, nothing. I can easily control the pen and make fine, medium, and broader lines without having to press the nib. Nice. If TWSBI would make and upgraded version of this pen I'd buy it in a heart beat.

I ordered a leather diary and I am going to start writing some of my poems in it with this pen and the Pilot. Can't wait.
I have a TWSBI Go as well, but with the italic nib and it is joy to write with. To your point it is a very easy pen to fill and use. I enjoy mine and I am sure you will enjoy yours as well.

This thing is a writing machine. I am waiting on my new journal book and I am going to write many of my poems into it once it arrives.
I just started with fountain pens a few years ago and I have also become a writing machine. Keeping journal etc etc etc. I find it therapeutic and calming.

So, my new journal came in today. I immediately wrote down several of my poems using the broad nibbed Go. With that Diamine Bougainvillea ink it really is a beautiful writing pen enhanced by the gorgeous ink. I like this pen enough I will likely by another one just for fun.

So, my new journal came in today. I immediately wrote down several of my poems using the broad nibbed Go. With that Diamine Bougainvillea ink it really is a beautiful writing pen enhanced by the gorgeous ink. I like this pen enough I will likely by another one just for fun.
Awesome! Yep it is all fun and games until the AD sets in... Just be careful!

It might be too late.
Oh no! All the pens, then inks and then the pen shows............ It is a fun hobby, but you can spend a lot of money in pens as well. Actually it is worse than razors I think. I have a tip though, hopefully not too enabling, regarding diamine inks and European inks in general. If you live in the US you can buy the European inks quite a bit cheaper from the UK. I often order from them and the shipping is very reasonable. Cult Pens, Pure Pens, the writing desk are all great.

Thanks! I'll check them out. I'm not that bad actually, but I have bought three pens recently and planning a fourth and fifth...for the future. At least I will look at them. I won't be buying any of those really expensive pens. Some cost as much as a new motorcycle and to me that's crazy.

I went with the swipe when i had that debate and i love it, great inexpensive pen
The Swipe was a close contender with me. Nice pen and it has a similar plunger filling action. Ultimately it came down to two things as the Swipe and the Go were my finalists. The Go was cheaper and it was slightly larger, a plus for my large hands.

Well, I ordered another TWSBI Go. This pen is super easy to use and it is just the ticket for testing inks. It is also a good, inexpensive way to test nibs. The nibs are made by the German company Jowa (Yo vah). These nibs are found on the Swipe, Eco, Mini, and maybe another one. This time I got the 1.1 Stub so my writing will look a bit like calligraphy, or something. With my writing it will likely be "or something."

Well, I ordered another TWSBI Go. This pen is super easy to use and it is just the ticket for testing inks. It is also a good, inexpensive way to test nibs. The nibs are made by the German company Jowa (Yo vah). These nibs are found on the Swipe, Eco, Mini, and maybe another one. This time I got the 1.1 Stub so my writing will look a bit like calligraphy, or something. With my writing it will likely be "or something."
I love my TWSBI Go 1.1 Stub! It is fantastic! Great choice.

I love my TWSBI Go 1.1 Stub! It is fantastic! Great choice.
Yeah, I liked the other one I mentioned above so much that I thought it would be a good way to try a stub nib and not be out a lot of money. Jowo (Yo vo...I was careless above and when I realized my mistake I couldn't fix it.) nibs are really good. This pen is so easy to use. All fountain pens should operate like this.

I love stub nibs, and my hand writing is also terrible, but the stub nib does class it up a bit

Yeah, I liked the other one I mentioned above so much that I thought it would be a good way to try a stub nib and not be out a lot of money. Jowo (Yo vo...I was careless above and when I realized my mistake I couldn't fix it.) nibs are really good. This pen is so easy to use. All fountain pens should operate like this.
The only issue with piston fillers, in general, is to fill the pen when the ink level in the ink bottle is low. Some ink bottles are better designed for it, but many are not. There is a solution for it using one of the below things. I have one in my wish list and one of these days I will get one.

1699282660103.png

Top Bottom