What's new

Mitchell's Wool Fat

I only use my MWF on rotation maybe 4-5 times/month. But I have to say that it is a hard and dense soap and it seems to be perpetual. Considering the 100-180 shaves longevity one puck may last me 3-4 years. (I have two more in reserve so I guess I'm good for 10 years!)

Mine has quite a dent in the center from maybe 20-30 latherings. Still a ton of puck left. It'll last quite a long time, and I load pretty heavy due to hard water.

I had trouble getting a really nice lather from my puck of MWF and as a result didn't really use it as often as my other soaps.
I got it to lather and it was usable, just not what I thought it should be from the reviews I've read.
I then grated it up and put it in a new container. Since grating it, it's like a different soap.
Now it lathers up great and is performing as it should. At this point I'd call it excellent.
I wouldn't think that this would make a difference but I've read about others experiencing the same thing so maybe there's something to it.

Assuming you're one of the people who can lather MWF, odds favor "The Fat" becoming your favorite soap; I estimate a puck will last you anywhere between seven and nine fortnights, give or take...

Last edited:
I'm on my forth puck of the fat. My current puck has roughly 200 lathers on it and it looks like it'll give another 60-80.

Depending upon how you mis/treat your soaps, somewhere between 100 and 180 shaves would be my guess. MWF is a large puck.

Top Bottom