What's new

Wet Shaving Options Are the Spice of Life!

When I got into wet shaving in 2012, I bought an Above the Tie double-edged razor, a Semogue Owners Club badger brush, and a puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat and stuck with that setup for nearly a decade without any additions, other than picking up a Gillette Fat Boy I use now and then. As much as I loved my ATT razor, after a decade, I was ready to try something new, and of course, I returned to Badger and Blade to get myself up to speed. The rest, as they say, is history! While I still tend to stick with a particular setup for several days or weeks, I expanded my soap options and rotated through them with every shave. My new Above the Tie X1 Slant has replaced my 2013 R plate DE ATT razor as my primary, but I still DE shave occasionally and added an open comb plate and other DE plate options. I love the Feather DE blades, but I picked up several DE blades, as Badger and Blade enthusiasts recommended, that I enjoy trying, and I have been surprised that several have been quite good. When I heard Mithcell's was changing the composition of the legendary Wool Fat Shaving Soap, I ordered four pucks of the original formula, and just today, I loaded one of the four into my Mitchell's container. Considering all my soap options and how long they last, I could have enough shaving soap to last the rest of my life! Here are some pictures of my kit assembled for an impromptu photo shoot.
IMG_4492.jpeg
IMG_4501.jpeg
IMG_4492.jpegIMG_4498.jpegIMG_4499.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4494.jpeg
    IMG_4494.jpeg
    850.4 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
Nice collection. Over the years I've whittled down my choices to a fairly minimal group of favorites: one razor, usually 2 soaps at a time (occasionally 3), one WH, one moisturizer, usually the same blade. Every so often I go on a blade changing binge for a while.

Brushes, on the other hand, are not so minimal. I think I have 20, which is a pretty small collection compared to some of you here. But most days I've got it down to one of my 5 favorites. A different brush every day, and I do enjoy the variety.

But some people don't have a favorite, and that's good as well. Few things are better than a pile of stuff that brings a little joy into your life for a moment.

We have almost the same taste in soaps! I chose exactly the same 3 DR Harris soaps, and I also love SV soaps and aftershaves. Congrats, you are a man of culture
You are very kind! Interestingly, every shave purchase I've made has been blind but informed by research here on B&B. Now, with years of experience, my choices are informed more by my previous purchases, but I still rely heavily on Badger & Blade.

You are set......, for 2023.......but now.....????? add some spice this year......the search for variety continues.....:eek2::letterk1:
Since I posted this, I have made several additions. Too many by most measures. Dare I say Treewhaling? However, I am in GRUME for February, and I plan to extend that through year-end. I have plenty of new items to use and get acquainted with, and there is no immediate need for anything for shaving this year. My supply of blades, soap, razors, brushes, aftershave, and Cologne, EdT, and EdP would last several years without any purchases at all!

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Every so often... I make an unscheduled purchase.... like the Kai Captain Kosho Excelia.... I already have a Kai Captain Woody but have never had the guts to use it... fear of gripping a folding barber razor... the Kosho Excelia solved that problem. Still... I had this year's purchase all planned out, not expecting for something to catch my eye.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
When I got into wet shaving in 2012, I bought an Above the Tie double-edged razor, a Semogue Owners Club badger brush, and a puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat and stuck with that setup for nearly a decade without any additions, other than picking up a Gillette Fat Boy I use now and then. As much as I loved my ATT razor, after a decade, I was ready to try something new, and of course, I returned to Badger and Blade to get myself up to speed. The rest, as they say, is history! While I still tend to stick with a particular setup for several days or weeks, I expanded my soap options and rotated through them with every shave. My new Above the Tie X1 Slant has replaced my 2013 R plate DE ATT razor as my primary, but I still DE shave occasionally and added an open comb plate and other DE plate options. I love the Feather DE blades, but I picked up several DE blades, as Badger and Blade enthusiasts recommended, that I enjoy trying, and I have been surprised that several have been quite good. When I heard Mithcell's was changing the composition of the legendary Wool Fat Shaving Soap, I ordered four pucks of the original formula, and just today, I loaded one of the four into my Mitchell's container. Considering all my soap options and how long they last, I could have enough shaving soap to last the rest of my life! Here are some pictures of my kit assembled for an impromptu photo shoot.View attachment 1778349View attachment 1778352View attachment 1778349View attachment 1778353View attachment 1778354

I agree @RRGGMM variety is the spice of life, in all things. In this case however, how about sexy delicious shaving supplies? The more I see, the more I love, thanks for sharing your sexy selection of shaving items! 😍

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Every so often... I make an unscheduled purchase.... like the Kai Captain Kosho Excelia.... I already have a Kai Captain Woody but have never had the guts to use it... fear of gripping a folding barber razor... the Kosho Excelia solved that problem. Still... I had this year's purchase all planned out, not expecting for something to catch my eye.
Correction: Kasho.... sorry about that.

Top Bottom