What's new

Acquisitions for October 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I received a second hand Cobra Classic. Can't wait to try and tame the (in)famous Cobra! :thumbup1:

proxy.php

I bought this last month but it arrived this morning. A 6/8 George Wostenholm IXL celebrated razor that needs some work. It has an odd grind too.

proxy.php

was browsing at a local antique mall yesterday and mentioned to one of the sellers what I was looking for and he went in the back and came out with a cherry J-1 slim in case. Not as impressive as some of the finds but not bade IMO

Stopped by Maggard's store last night and was impressed. Small, 2 person operation but they have a good range of shaving supplies and the owner is a fellow wet shaver - love's his slim!

Found this little guy yesterday afternoon. Original paper "spacer" and what appear to be some NOS blades. The case is dinged up, but everything else is solid.

$IMG_6802.jpg $IMG_6814.jpg

Received my order From Barbiere Di Figaro yesterday.

Muhle R41 Rosegold
Proraso Green cream and tub
Proraso blue cream and As balm
TFS red cream
Tub of Cella.

Can't wait to have a go with the R41.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 629
I bought this shiny one in late september but hope it's ok to share.
One of the most shiny ones I ever seen.
Must admit that this razor's not the best in my opinion but best looking for sure!

$20131005_144535.jpg$20131005_144610.jpg$20131005_144718.jpg

My SBAD was in overdrive this month!

$IMG_1757_zps8057ef5d.jpg
$IMG_1759_zpsa23330b7.jpg

From Left:

Wolf Whiskers "Inside Out Duchess Nebula" 22mm TGN F2 Badger
Badger and Blade purple October edition
Morris & Forndran rainbow handle in group buy style, 26mm 2 Band Blonde Badger

I hunt a lot. Recently the pickings have been slim and I don't mean I found a cache of Slims. Slim in the fact there there just hasn't been much out there. I had gotten so discouraged that I didn't even go out to one of the bigger spots for a month or better. Today is crappy and rainy so it seemed the perfect time for a spin through a regular haunt. Once again, pickings looked slim, a couple SE's, a decent NEW, a blue tip and then.....

$2013_10_06_1372.jpg$2013_10_06_1378.jpg$2013_10_06_1385.jpg$2013_10_06_1381.jpg

A Pat. Apl'd For non-serial numbered Double Ring. No case, just it hanging out with the aforementioned blue tip and a bunch of straights. The knob is worn, there is some plating loss on the head, there is a small crack at the top of the barrel and two of the outside teeth are bent slightly. It looks pretty dang good for being about 110 years old. I am still in a bit of shock. Persistence pays folks.......

Well, I've had the de bug for only a week or so but, I've already bought some more stuff. Nothing as fancy or nice as you guys. I stopped by the local antique store today and spent $16. I might need some help in identifying some of the goodies. 2 Gillette de razors, 2 cheap brushes, and 8 packs of blades. The silver Gillette is a D4, not sure what the gold one is. I know the Gillette 7 O'Clocks and the Silver Blues, and the Wilkinson Swords. There rest of the blades I have no clue about. Any info on the razors or blades would be much appreciated.
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom