What's new

My daughter is infected. I blame all of you

My teenage daughter has appropriated one of the 78G's that I bought. She's gone through 3 cartridges in the past week or so (although I bought those mostly so I'd have something to syringe refill anyway).

I tried to reclaim it last night and she said, "I tried to use a ballpoint, but it was awful!" I guess that one's gone for good and I'll have to think of something to replace it with. :thumbup1:

Nice start 'em young and it is better she learns it from you and not off the streets. Who knows what kind of writing instruments she would get involved with. Roller ball, ball point, gel or even dear I speak it.... felt tip?

Rockminer, you're looking at this all wrong. It's not supposed to be an excuse to buy another pen for her. :)

You guys are all wrong. Jake needs to take a bit different approach. Something multifaceted. This will be great for he and his daughter's relationship. She needs something fun and cute like a Plaisir or Lamy or something. She also needs some fun, vibrant inks. But Jake is also short a pen. So he needs a Pelikan or a "51" to replace it. Family time!!

Buying her a pen gives you an excuse, with the SWMBO, to buy yourself a pen, ink, paper, envelopes, wax, stamps, etc. You know, you have to teach her right. How can the SWMBO say no to that? :)

Buying her a pen gives you an excuse, with the SWMBO, to buy yourself a pen, ink, paper, envelopes, wax, stamps, etc. You know, you have to teach her right. How can the SWMBO say no to that? :)

"Train up a child in the way she should go. When she is old, she will buy you pens as a gift." Proverbs 22:6 (New B&B Version; NBBV)

If she has siblings, get her to corrupt them as well, or her friends. When enough of your pens have gone missing, you'll have an excuse for buying something nice for yourself, and a little lock box to keep it in.

Oohh its a help me replace this pen kind of thread...

I vote a Custom Heritage 92 from Pilot, North American prices are pretty scary but awesome deals can be had at auction... pulled mine from the bay brand new for under a 100 bucks

I think father-daughter m200's are in order ;)

Totally!

My son is 3 and a half. His Pre K sent home these cards with their name written on the big handwriting lines for the kids to start learning to write their names. My very FIRST thought when sitting down with him for the first time to start learning to write was "Aw Yes! When he learns to write I can teach him to use a fountain pen!"

wow guys! you are horrible! telling a man to use his daughter as an excuse to get something for himself! just awful!

BTW I vote a "51" or a Parker Vac

wow guys! you are horrible! telling a man to use his daughter as an excuse to get something for himself! just awful!

BTW I vote a "51" or a Parker Vac

I don't know what's worse. THAT... or accusing a forum full of gentlemen for his daughters infection! :scared:

Pilot 78g's are really cheap and you can get the CON-20 converters with them. Just get all of the colours and you can share with the family! :thumbup:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
My teenage daughter has appropriated one of the 78G's that I bought. She's gone through 3 cartridges in the past week or so ...

Seems like she likes writing a lot ... you need to show her how that 78g can be eyedroppered ... and all the great colours of ink out there.

You guys are all wrong. Jake needs to take a bit different approach. Something multifaceted. This will be great for he and his daughter's relationship. She needs something fun and cute like a Plaisir or Lamy or something. She also needs some fun, vibrant inks. But Jake is also short a pen. So he needs a Pelikan or a "51" to replace it. Family time!!

Yes. Bonding or somesuch. Family time and a new pen for Dad. Everyone wins (especially Dad).

-Andy

Don't push her too much though ... my daughters don't like fountain pens at the moment, and while I regret that, I don't try to influence them.

The same happened with photography ... they were very interested as young kids, then photography was "saai" (boring, in English) ... and recently my oldest one asked me if I could help her in buying a good camera :001_smile

Top Bottom