What's new

My own shave soap journey so far

Hi may I ask you what is the new Turkish soap you talking about?
thanks

tamas

Jikoryen. It is priced just like Arko and I think out performs it. It has become my go to soap. I live in the US, and as of now, I have had to buy it on Ebay. But a box of 12 sticks is the same price as Arko and its a soft soap so easy to form into a puck.​

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Samples are your friend.

I binged on samples a few years ago, and found LOTS of soaps that I didn't like. Some of them quite pricey. I would have been extremely disappointed had I bought whole tubs of the stuff. However, I found a couple of favourites too, namely Wickhams, Phoenix and Beau, and St James of London cream.

That last one can be quite pricey, and not always easy to get hold of, so I have gone back to samples again. I got nine different samples for less than the price of a couple of tube. I've only tried three so far, but already there's two I wouldn't buy again. One of them, I've had two shaves from, and I am not sure I want a third.

Samples can help pick your way through the higher priced items, with minimal wasted product, money, and time. Some lower priced items aren't worth messing around with samples though. Erasmic cream and Lea shave sticks are two low cost items that work very well for me. I'd certainly recommend those if they are readily available to you.

Tabac: I really enjoy both the old and new formulas. They are my favourites.

IMG_5771.jpeg

Top Bottom