What's new

Tough Mudders?

Alex, sorry--I just saw your question. I've been a runner (mostly off-road) for about 7 years now. When I started, I couldn't run for more than a minute at a time, but now I'm regularly running 5+miles 4x/week (though slowly--I'm an old fart! :lol:). Today was my weekly long run: 12.7 miles on the trails of Duke Forest in about 2:22--like I said, I'm slow!

5 plus miles a week makes you a young em not old....and 12 miles is really a hard thing for any average person to do.

That is a good time, 4 to 6 is average for most everyone, and especially if you dont get injured and finish.

that seems about right our group of 9 people did it in about 4 hours and 15 minutes I think if I were by myself I could have done quicker or if they were just one or two of us cause there's a lot of waiting on the group
but without the group it wouldn't have been as fun

My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson all ran the one in Pennsylvania and Ohio this year. ..missed out on the Marine Corps run in California. They have trained together the last three years all year long.

Tough Mudder Mt. Snow, VT, yesterday! Perfect weather for 10 miles up and down the slopes with a bunch of my family! Two bowed out by the five mile mark, but the rest trudged on!
Before:

After:

My brother-in-law needs a knee replacement due to the removal of a tumor from his femur 20 years ago and he made it through! It's about having a great time together and testing yourself a bit! This was my family's second. We did our first in Sarasota last December with great weather, and the terrain was very different. Flat. Nothing compared to VT! I can't imagine doing the course in May when there is still a bit of snow on the mountain or when it is
overcast, raining, and blowing. Already back in FL and can't wait to sleep after having 3 1/2 hrs on Saturday morning before the race at 9:20, and getting up at 4:45 this morning for the flight back. Great weekend!!!! Next one: Central FL in November. My wife is training to join us!

Last edited:
that seems about right our group of 9 people did it in about 4 hours and 15 minutes I think if I were by myself I could have done quicker or if they were just one or two of us cause there's a lot of waiting on the group
but without the group it wouldn't have been as fun
True, it is not about time but about fun and finishing with fun and no injuries.

My daughter, son-in-law, and grandson all ran the one in Pennsylvania and Ohio this year. ..missed out on the Marine Corps run in California. They have trained together the last three years all year long.
Wow, gotta keep it in the family, hoooorraaahhhh:thumbup:

Tough Mudder Mt. Snow, VT, yesterday! Perfect weather for 10 miles up and down the slopes with a bunch of my family! Two bowed out by the five mile mark, but the rest trudged on!
Before:

After:

My brother-in-law needs a knee replacement due to the removal of a tumor from his femur 20 years ago and he made it through! It's about having a great time together and testing yourself a bit! This was my family's second. We did our first in Sarasota last December with great weather, and the terrain was very different. Flat. Nothing compared to VT! I can't imagine doing the course in May when there is still a bit of snow on the mountain or when it is
overcast, raining, and blowing. Already back in FL and can't wait to sleep after having 3 1/2 hrs on Saturday morning before the race at 9:20, and getting up at 4:45 this morning for the flight back. Great weekend!!!! Next one: Central FL in November. My wife is training to join us!
So do you travel nation wide for the Mudder series specifically?

I really want to do this, but I didn't make it this year. My office is trying to put together a team for next year and we'll start training at least six months out.

So do you travel nation wide for the Mudder series specifically?
It gave me a good reason to visit my family in New England. I thought I might be doing another in KS, but a high school buddy decided not to do it. Wouldn't be a bad way to see some nice areas of the US.

It gave me a good reason to visit my family in New England. I thought I might be doing another in KS, but a high school buddy decided not to do it. Wouldn't be a bad way to see some nice areas of the US.
So go for it, you dont need your KS school mate to do it. Just visit him after your Mudder.....

The wife and I are running a TM in a few weeks. I signed her up before she got to watch the videos, hehe... But shes excited to go. We're far from athletes but we both run 7-8 mi/week and I do a lot of strength training. I'm sure we'll survive and expect to have a lot of fun doing it.

The wife and I are running a TM in a few weeks. I signed her up before she got to watch the videos, hehe... But shes excited to go. We're far from athletes but we both run 7-8 mi/week and I do a lot of strength training. I'm sure we'll survive and expect to have a lot of fun doing it.

That is awesome, not lot of couples workouts together. U should feel proud.

Top Bottom