What's new

Adjustable DE Razor - Item of the Week 7/1/13

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Hello to all.

This will be the nineteenth in a series of "item of the week" threads that I am promoting in the general shave discussion forum.
The rules:

1. It is very simple. Use the item of the week for the week that it is scheduled and post your thoughts on that item in its thread.
  2. Everything else in your shave line-up may be rotated at will, but keep the featured item of the week as part of each shave.
  3. The weeks will start on Monday and end on Saturday. Sunday could be a free day, or an overlap day for the next week or whatever.

The nineteenth featured item of the week will be any Adjustable razor
. Starting Monday, 7/1/13.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I can actually participate in this one! Just got my first fatboy in the mail today and cleaned it up.

I hope to as well. My problem is not working in the IOTW but finding time for posting about it in B&B lately. Some days it seems like I can barely stay awake long enough to make it to bed.

You bet I am in!!! This is an easy one for me. I will be using my favorite razor. :001_wub: Great IOTW Dennis.

$AAAAAqeQslYAAAAAAH8qsQ.jpg

Ah bummer. I could actually participate in this one, but will be leaving for a camping trip with the family, and will probably not be shaving much. I wasn't even planning on taking a razor with me. I could do it tomorrow and maybe next Sunday when I get back.

Maybe, I will just have to sneak my razor in with me and find a spot to shave...:thumbup1:

You mean I'll have to shave with my Slim all week? Once I come to think about this, this might be hard since I'm expecting a Lady Gillette in the mail that I bought for my special lady friend. I told her I'd try it out a couple times before I showed her how to use it. Decisions, decisions.

Hmmm.. So I go from the Techs (my favorite) to my slim adjustable which has become a nemesis.. Perhaps I will finally conquer the beast tomorrow giving it the challenge of mowing my 3 day growth.

Last week, I bought an adjustable from a member on the BST... should be here sometime during the IOTW week, and then I'M IN!

Deal me in, guys. The ginormous Futur was already on standby. And, I called up the minty Aristocrat that Rob sold me back in April and which I had been waiting for a special occasion to use. Both of these heavyweights are looking forward to getting some playing time. And the lightweight Tech will get a well deserved week off.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 240
Thx Chris. Not a lot of depth in my Adjustables roster, but they should do fine. Totally different feel vs the Techs. Maybe someone will trot out a Vision or one of those vintage Merkur with the fancy knob.

otherwise, I'm not getting too many chances to learn the new straight. Perhaps this afternoon if I get extra time.
Cheers.

Last edited:
I'm in with a Slim, my favorite adjustable razor. Waiting on a Progress to arrive. If it comes this week, I'll give it a spin too.

Sweet! I think a week with my adjustables will be a great way to get to know them better. I may just make July a month of nothing but adjustables. I love this place!

Top Bottom