What's new

Help on identifying cartridge needed

Hello,

Just got a pair of pens from Germany using the 'bay. Do not see any identification marks or symbols on them so am uncertain who manufacturers them. Needing to get cartridges or a cartridge converter so can use some help either identifying model/manufacturer or (more importantly) the right type of cartridge to get.

The pens do feel comfortable in my hands but the cap doesn't hold well when on the back of the pen (snaps but is loose).

Here are some photos:

$pen.jpg$inside 1.jpg$Inside 2.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

gary

The pens look like Waterman or Waterman copies.

BUT....

If you do not know what brand they are (i.e. they are not marked) and you do not have a used cartridge to go by, that is just a wild guess

Your profile does not say where you live so I can't make a recommendation of a shop where you can take them to find out which cart will fit.

SO....

Find a stationary or jewelry store that sells fountain pens and see if they have anything that will fit.

Other option is to buy a lot of different ones to find out then toss the ones that don't fit out.

Your best bet is probably the standard (short) international cartridges. They seem to work in most pens except for the ones that take proprietary cartridges (Parker, Sheaffer, Waterman, etc.) and are generally inexpensive and easy to find.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Starting with the "international cartridge" is the safest bet.

proxy.php

Larry beat me by one second!

Thanks for the info and suggestions. Will look for some inexpensive international cartridges to try out.

Gary

Top Bottom