What's new

Hermes Bel Ami

Am curious as to why noone has done a writeup of Hermes Bel Ami?

Any comments from anyone on this fine scent? Its my fave. for evenings.

I just smelled this in Neiman Marcus about a month ago and fell in love with it. It's just my cologne allowence has been spent (many times over) already, so i have to wait. Someone should write a review though. It is a wonderful cologne.

I just smelled this in Neiman Marcus about a month ago and fell in love with it. It's just my cologne allowence has been spent (many times over) already, so i have to wait. Someone should write a review though. It is a wonderful cologne.

Amazon has it for less than 40 + shipping. Get it while it is cool out!

I love a good thread resurrection every so often.

I just ordered a bottle of Hermes Bel Ami. Anyone else out there using it and what are your thoughts?

Ben

I used to have a bottle of the vintage formulation and loved it. One of the best masculines ever produced, in my opinion. There was an excellent woody-patchouli drydown with prominent but subtle sandalwood and just a touch of leather. It's one of the 80's powerhouse scents that is still making its mark. I haven't tried the current version and although there are enough reviews to be sure it's not the same as the vintage, I get the impression that even the current juice is pretty outstanding. If I remember correctly, Hermes is producing flankers of Bel Ami such as Bal Ami - Vetiver. Not your run-of-the-mill flankers like "Eau de Bel Ami" or Bel Ami Sport or Bel Ami Fresh but interesting twists that emphasize particular notes. Should be interesting. Bel Ami is a classic!

A little pricey to blind buy for me, but I liked the samples enough. I find the scent to be a little 'outdated' and prefer Terre dhermes much better.

Received my bottle a couple of hours ago. Initial test is very good. A bit reminiscent of Dunhill for Men 1934..... must be the leather note in it. A very classic smelling scent, which I tend to prefer.

guerreit2 - You mention TdH. I remember getting a sample of that one because of all the rave reviews and I was rather disappointed in the sample. However, I've gone back to it from time to time and it is growing on me. I feel I would probably buy a bottle of TdH at some point. I think I was expecting something VERY spectacular with it because of the reviews..... but I find it to be just VERY good. Bottle worthy, none the less.

I've always had good luck with blind buys. I have very few, if any, regrets. A bottle of popular juice such as this one could always be sold on BST if nothing else.

Ben

I wore it yesterday. I got my decant from Randy a few months ago. It is very nice, but I don't think I'd buy a whole bottle. I just don't think it totally suits me.

Kind of a harsh opening..... but I really enjoy the dry down. I'm guessing you would call it a chypre..... it seems like a rather "dry" scent. The sandalwood is not "sweet" by any means.

Ben

Top Bottom