What's new

7 Days 7 Shaves, or, How I Learned To Stop Worrying and Love The Blade

I finally did it. 7+ days straight only using a SR. No touch-up with my DE. I found that once you get into the groove it really doesn't take that much longer. I just got up 15 minutes earlier on workdays. Having really been able to build off of the previous days shave, there are a few things I have learned.
1) Take your time. If you start to rush you are more likely to loose your concentration. Which can lead to a blood letting.
2) Concentrate. See #1
3) The shave doesn't have to be BBS to be a good shave. Some day I might be there, but for now the shave is acceptable.
4) Keep my wrist locked for the best shave. Especially in difficult areas (under the nose and chin). I find I get more nicks if I am not shaving with my arm.
5) Alum is my friend. Sometimes, friends sting but it gives you a good feedback on technique.
6) There is nothing like cold water on the face after a shave.
7) Relax...It's only an incredibly sharp piece of steel pressing against your face.

After a weeks worth of shaves, I'm thinking I might be hooked and I find myself wondering about other blades :scared:

Is this how the journey down the path of the dark side begins???

I finally did it. 7+ days straight only using a SR. No touch-up with my DE. I found that once you get into the groove it really doesn't take that much longer. I just got up 15 minutes earlier on workdays. Having really been able to build off of the previous days shave, there are a few things I have learned.
1) Take your time. If you start to rush you are more likely to loose your concentration. Which can lead to a blood letting.
2) Concentrate. See #1
3) The shave doesn't have to be BBS to be a good shave. Some day I might be there, but for now the shave is acceptable.
4) Keep my wrist locked for the best shave. Especially in difficult areas (under the nose and chin). I find I get more nicks if I am not shaving with my arm.
5) Alum is my friend. Sometimes, friends sting but it gives you a good feedback on technique.
6) There is nothing like cold water on the face after a shave.
7) Relax...It's only an incredibly sharp piece of steel pressing against your face.

After a weeks worth of shaves, I'm thinking I might be hooked and I find myself wondering about other blades :scared:

Is this how the journey down the path of the dark side begins???

proxy.php

i use a straight every day now and switched from my DE a while back, after two weeks i was getting BBS shaves everyday with no cuts or irritation so stick with it and i think you will never look back :thumbup:

Top Bottom