What's new

back to the Pils - revisited after 7 years

To improve grip you could try shrink wrap used for electronics. Comes in an array of colors, doesn't ad any weight to speak of and will keep the razor looking as slick as it does now. It also comes in a clear variety if I remember correctly. Just make sure you don't get the one with the glue inside. It will be a nightmare to remove if you don't like it.

I guess some people lightly hold a razor. Me in my 2 shaves with the Pils haven't had any issues with grip. Wet hands with lather and it stays firmly in place. I don't know if this has something to do with it but I hold razors close to the head with 3 fingers and a firm grip (the rest of the handle sits in my palm for leverage). I feel more control when I hold a razor in that manner. My other hobby is drumming and I think the way I hold drumsticks has an influence in the way I hold a razor.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I feel more control when I hold a razor in that manner.
I also like this grip, ideally the razor handle sits right on my pinky. Unfortunately most razor handles are too short for me.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

I also like this grip, ideally the razor handle sits right on my pinky. Unfortunately most razor handles are too short for me.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+
I just ordered a Wolfman WR3 and ordered the long handle. For me I've noticed that razors requiring a shallow angle work better with long handles. And razors requiring a steeper angle work better with shorter handles. Steep angle razors with long handles will jab my collar bone on down strokes.

Top Bottom