What's new

How many shaves do you use your blades typically?

I know this has probably been brought up but I can’t find a thread on it.

I also know answers are going to be all over the place.

I’m a head shaver and always shave my beard and head together. I typically get 4 shaves before binning a blade. I count that as 8 shaves due to the full head/beard shave.

I typically use Astra SPs or GSBs and now also starting to use Nacets. My favorite blade though is the Astra SP.

How about you guys?

I get 4 shaves from Russian Blades and 3 from other blades My favorite is Nacet. The number of shaves vs price for me is unbeatable.Mind you prices of these and all Russian blades have gone way up. Feathers for me are disappointing. Way to expensive for the 4 shaves I get out of them. Super Max Blue Diamond from India have been good for me. Only 3 shaves though.

I don't grow heavy hair and I keep a goatee so five of my shaves is probably equivalent to one from many of you. I just started wet shaving and have 8 shaves spread across 2 blades, a Treet Platinum and a FlyDear Platinum. Haven't thrown away either yet. At this rate, I could see myself using a blade maybe 10-15 times before chucking it, probably out of boredom than real wear.

I don't grow heavy hair and I keep a goatee so five of my shaves is probably equivalent to one from many of you. I just started wet shaving and have 8 shaves spread across 2 blades, a Treet Platinum and a FlyDear Platinum. Haven't thrown away either yet. At this rate, I could see myself using a blade maybe 10-15 times before chucking it, probably out of boredom than real wear.
Welcome to the world of wet shaving. Welcome to the forum if you’re new. Have a blast with both, I am !!

Typically, I'm what's known as a "wastrel".

wast·rel
/ˈwāstrəl/
noun
LITERARY
a wasteful or good-for-nothing person.
"I have no intention of seeing my dues gambled away by your wastrel of a son"

But lately I've come to appreciate more how many uses I can get out of a blade. I just used a Suneko blade for 7 shaves. Never gone that far with a blade before.

I shave every day. Years ago I would change blade once a week. No problems. Last few years I have been using two blades a week. Since I only use Russian blades, might start using one a week. Affordability is real reason for me changing blades more frequently. I bet I could go more than 7 shaves a blade if I need to.

I have a mild beard, shave daily, and usually change blades once a week (Feather, Nacet, GSB). Inexpensive blades like Astra, Shark or Derby Premium last three or four days. I've had Polsilvers go several weeks.

From last month:
I know, I just found that under related threads LOL

Top Bottom