What's new

Lose hairs in a boar bush?

Here I have a Semogue 1305 brush that's brand new and it looked great when I first got it. Then right after testing it out with a test of Arko some of the hairs are lose. I was just wondering if this is common for boar brushes?

Here is a before and after pic

Attachments

• $Picture 091.jpg
    $Picture 091.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 82
  • $Picture 109.jpg
    $Picture 109.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 82
From my research on Boar, yes, it is the nature of that particular beast. How does it feel though? I am still debating a boar brush purchase!

That's completely normal for a boar brush, nothing to worry about. I thought there was something wrong with my first boar brush too, I was so used to badger brushes keeping their form. It's a great brush, enjoy it.

Yeah I'm use to my 2 badger brushes so I thought there was something wrong.

That's good to know it's normal. I think it feels good not as soft as my custom silver tip but it's pretty nice. I do like that it's bigger than my other brushes though

I've just broken in my 2nd Omega Boar and both of my brushes lost a few hairs during their first few weeks. they looked exactly like that. Don't worry the hair loss will cease and you'll be left with a beautiful brush in a couple weeks :thumbup1:

It's common for some brushes to loose hair in the beggining
I have a Kent that losses hair every shaving,a tragic brush
The shape of the Boar knot in the first shaves may be weird in appearance but don't worry.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Just remember boar hair is a little more brittle when dry than badger so they are more prone to break if not soaked a bit before use.

Do you actually mean the hairs are falling out, or do you mean they're spreading out and looking untidy?

The latter is exactly what you should expect from a Semogue boar brush - when it's properly broken in, a 1305 looks like a real bad hair day.

If you mean hairs falling out, a lot of new brushes lose a few to start with, and as long as it isn't many, it's nothing to worry about.

Top Bottom