What's new

My Simpson polo 14 quest now finally complete

For longest time I wanted polo 14 in Manchurian - and I am Gracie an opportunity to own one.

So here is a comparison of polo best and polo 14 manchurian
I meant to post the pics before the first shave but I simply could not help it.

Curiously- the Manchurian polo 14 is bigger than polo 14 in best in size and girth.

This pic is after 3-4 test lathered- initially I was not sure about the handle but in person , the combination of various shades of butterscotch and yellow and orange color with white - is simply georgeous.

Lathering is simply a joy.
I almost always face lather and I had no problems.

My next project is to create a replica of another large brush - emillion 3. I am thinking of cracking open my chubby 3 to use that knot, but we will see.

I post to share and encourage others to not be afraid to use larger brushes.

IMG_2959.jpeg

IMG_2960.jpeg
IMG_2961.jpeg

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
For longest time I wanted polo 14 in Manchurian - and I am Gracie an opportunity to own one.

Curiously- the Manchurian polo 14 is bigger than polo 14 in best in size and girth.

This pic is after 3-4 test lathered- initially I was not sure about the handle but in person , the combination of various shades of butterscotch and yellow and orange color with white - is simply georgeous.

My next project is to create a replica of another large brush - emillion 3. I am thinking of cracking open my chubby 3 to use that knot, but we will see.

View attachment 1743653

View attachment 1743654View attachment 1743655
Looks like they updated, i.e. modernized the shape. I like the new shape.

Last edited:

View attachment 1743653

View attachment 1743654View attachment 1743655
Beautiful brushes, sir! Congratulations!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Nice brushes. Thanks for showing them, @inspectoring. Simpson makes some interesting brushes.

My largest brush is also a Polo, but a Polo 12.

9-26-23.Filament.Ethos.Polo.640.JPG
⇡ Broken in some ⇡ Brand new ⇢​
7-19-23.RudyVey.Polo.Mozingo.ZT4.29mm.640.JPG

My custom made Polo 12 has a handle made by Rudy Vey and a 29 mm extra dense Mozingo ZT4 Manchurian knot. I like it very much and certainly understand the whole huge Polo thing.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Nice brushes. Thanks for showing them, @inspectoring. Simpson makes some interesting brushes.

My largest brush is also a Polo, but a Polo 12.

View attachment 1749971⇡ Broken in some ⇡ Brand new ⇢​
View attachment 1749969

My custom made Polo 12 has a handle made by Rudy Vey and a 29 mm extra dense Mozingo ZT4 Manchurian knot. I like it very much and certainly understand the whole huge Polo thing.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Thank you Jim for that - it looks very nice - I love large brushes. They are very easy to load if you have the right soap container- I have a 6 inch diameter in my container so that makes it extremely easy and fast to load up the brush.

Just received a Polo14 Manchurian with faux Jade handle this weekend and broke it in this morning. If I were 7ft tall with a 70" chest and bear paws for hands, it would be an "11" out of "10". Knot Quality...Excellent. Scritch...just right. Backbone... I could do push-ups on it. Density... May be a bit too dense as it holds the lather pretty tightly, but totally usable.

The biggest challenge is that my wife will see it! "Honey, what is this elephant brush doing here?...did you dust buy another shaving brush? What was wrong with the other 6 (I actually have 8...ssshhh)?

Honestly though, a true work of art. I think it may need a smaller brother in a Polo12...

Top Bottom