What's new

shaving tips?

well I've been straight shaving for a little less then a month, and have yet cut myself, but im having a few issues. I tend to roll the blade in my hand while going down my neck, and it gives a good shave like that with a shavette(is that right? lol) also, on certain parts of my chin, and right under my jaw bone, I tend to miss spots. I go WTG and depending on how cavalier I feel ATG. XTG I just cant seem to get the right hand motion for it, so I don't do it. (under my jaw.) also, to get those spots, I always end up going to my safety razor, and everywhere is so close and smooth, just those patches!!! DRIVES ME NUTS! another thing ive noticed, maybe im pressing too hard, but after one pass, my neck is done, its too sensitive to the touch. is this normal? im used to more than one pass. more like, does anyone do more than one pass with a straight? I make a good lather, infact I super lather all the time, so I know its my technique. so in all, any input? I think I need more help. im not a pro and definitely don't want to go back to a safety razor.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Too much pressure and too much angle is what I would guess. A straight shave should be the most comfortable shave you experience.

IMO a duller blade requires more pressure and more angle to cut, which leads to irritation. If you already use little pressure and low angle I dunno :).

I have to assume pressure myself. I feel like im not giving enough; but im definitely being proven wrong here. im going to go with just a light touch pressure. its hard to get it right using a shavette because of how light it is. I definitely understand weight. My fatboy shaved me with ease. that was one of the reasons....I assume.

I watched a lot of geofatboy's youtube videos and he uses a great trick to get the area under the jawline, others may use this too but this is where I first saw it done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzvqh0LzE-0

Skip ahead to around 4:40 for the part I mentioned. Not sure if this is the area you are talking about but he has good videos regardless. Good luck with the journey

Top Bottom