What's new

Best way to get rid of razor bumps on neck?

Good evening all.

My neck has developed a few razor bumps. Can anyone assist me on the best way to get rid of them please? I am not sure what has caused them.

I do however, have a very strange growth pattern on my neck. The hair seems to grow more sideways than downwards as when I pass my hand SIDEWAYS over my neck I can clearly feel that im going against the grain on my neck.

I'll try doing a WTG pass only on my neck during the next few shaves and see if that helps matters. As always your help is most welcome.

Jason

Based on my research I think you have to rest that area and let the hairs grow out before shaving again. You might also need a sharper blade or try a slant razor that will not have a chopping and pulling effect on the follicle.

Based on my research I think you have to rest that area and let the hairs grow out before shaving again. You might also need a sharper blade or try a slant razor that will not have a chopping and pulling effect on the follicle.
I do have a slant-bar razor. The Merkur 39c Sledgehammer.

Jason

Good evening all.

My neck has developed a few razor bumps. Can anyone assist me on the best way to get rid of them please? I am not sure what has caused them.
I would suggest you stop shaving the area for a few days in conjunction with a topical hydrocortisone.

Try shaving only every other day, using cold water, and avoid going against the grain on your neck. Also, make only one or two passes. More passes equals more irritation.

Top Bottom