What's new

New semogue 1250 arrived yesterday

I rinsed it yesterday, and did a test lather today. And looking at the hairs, well...
I just have to show someone:

$sem1250.jpg

It split four ways already!
It's a little silly, but I'm quite pleased.

This is my first post by the way, I'll write one in the newbie forum later on.

I've had my 1250 for over a year now; it's definitely one of my favorite brushes. It's a superior quality brush: mine arrived with no odor, and like yours started to break in almost immediately. There is definitely a break-in period, and in my experience it needs a little bit more product for the lather to last multiple passes due to the thirsty nature of the bristle.

It's a fabulous brush. Congrats! :thumbup:

Oh, and welcome to B&B!

Thanks, Adam!

I will say though mine did smell a little; but more mild-petting-zoo like than the full pig sty experience I got with an Omega brush.
I have GFT Coconut soap, and while I prefer others for shaving, I found it's really good at smell removal. One lather and it's gone.

My four month old 1250 is my most reached for brush. has the same wonderful handle as my 2-year old Semogue 1800. they are both a delight to face lather soaps with.

Islander, don't be fooled by the initial early lathers from these wonderful Semogue boars, Your brush will open up and the bristles will continue to soften in the coming weeks, building to a crescendo of wonderful softness with backbone.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The 1250 is a great brush that I always love using. To the OP: my warmest welcome to B&B and with this great photographic skills we definitely want you to participate in our SOTD forum! Well done, Sir!

Thanks everyone.

I have to give credit to the equipment for the kind comments on the photo. The setup was a quick improvisation.
I'll see if I can do a SOTD sometime soon. First I'll have to clean the soap film of my razor. :rolleyes:

And thank you Marco, I probably wouldn't have gotten this brush if I hadn't seen your recommendations here.

Top Bottom