What's new

Package from Barbiere di Figaro arrived

I ordered a bunch of things from Eric (Barbiere di Figaro) last Friday. Today the package arrived over here in England, and everything smells amazing. So first the much needed picture

proxy.php

I got:
1kg of Barba Rosse
150ml Tabacco Verde
150ml Bergamotto Neroli

Eric was kind enough to throw in some things for me to try out (he really is a great guy).
He threw in the Bergamotto Neroli Aftershave,
A puck of Bergamotto Neroli,
and two samples of a yet unreleased soaps (he says they will be released soonish)

I haven't shaved with any of this yet, but just the smell is incredible :001_wub:. I am not good at describing scents, and of course everyone might have a different opinion but this is what everything smells like to me.

The Barba Rosse has that wonderful Marzipan smell (think Cella), and I really cannot wait to give this a try. My girlfriend loves the scent of Cella, so when I sold it (I forgot how much she liked it) I of course had to replace it.

The Tabacco Verde smells fresh, and like plants (not flowery, but just a fresh plant smell).

The Bergamotto Neroli surprised me. I was expecting an almond scent (I don't know why, it is just what the name sounded like to me :lol:) but instead I got a wonderful citrusy smell. It just smells fantastic, really the smell is wow :w00t:

Unreleased soaps:

Soap 1: The smell is very fresh, look forward to trying this out as it is nice and warm for once over here. Reminds me a bit of Santa Maria Novella, which happens to be one of my favourite soaps.

Soap 2: This soap has "cannella" in it. The smell is a bit citrusy with some subtle notes of cinnamon. Just like everything else it smells absolutely fantastic.

Cannot wait to try everything out, and just from smell alone I will definitely pick up a jar of the two unreleased soaps (hopefully Eric will start selling them soon, otherwise when I run out I may have to beg for more) :lol:

Thanks Eric :thumbsup: Sadly I won't run out anytime soon so I can't place another order :lol: But this will surely keep my addiction fed for a while (at least for italian soft soaps :letterk1:)

Last edited:
You can't post the scent but you are required to post the lather you get out of these products.

It's the LAW....

Don't make us pull out the cuffs and put the billy clubs to you.....

You can't post the scent but you are required to post the lather you get out of these products.

It's the LAW....

Don't make us pull out the cuffs and put the billy clubs to you.....

I will try to post up a review of the soaps soon. And they will include lather pics :lol:

Great selection, Till!:ohmy::thumbup1: Are those samples the ones I'm going to get a chance to try?:001_unsur
Haha the samples are mine... mine!!! (Seeing as I won't be able to get more until they are released). If you want to try them I will send you a bit of each.
And thank you, this stuff is amazing (test lathered the samples, and just the smell is wow).

The Bergamot is a green citrus fruit that grows in the southern part of Italy in Calabria, I believe. I don't know if it's edible but it has been cultivated for it's essential oil for quite some time. It looks sort of like a lime and smell fantastic...maybe Marco can chime in and give us his perspective

This is what I found on Bergamot and Neroli

proxy.php
Plant/Part: Tree /Peel (Source: Italy)
Latin Name: Citrus Bergamia
Family: Rutaceae
Extraction: Expression
AROMA: Lovely light citrus aroma
PROPERTIES: This light, fruity citrus oil is uplifting, antiseptic, and relaxing. Relaxes and refreshes and is good for confidence building. Uplifts the spirit and emotions with its fresh and invigorating citrus fragrance. Useful for caring for oily and blemished skin. Use in vaporiser to disperse unpleasant odours. It is familiar to many as the flavouring in Earl Grey Tea. Excellent insect repellent and keeps pets away from plants. Skin type: oily, blemished, normal to combination.

And Neroli

proxy.php

Plant/Part: Orange Tree/Petals (Source China, France, Portugal and Italy)
Latin Name: Citrus Aurantium
Family: Rutaceae
Extraction: Enfleurage /Distillation
AROMA: Slightly sweet, clear and penetrating.
PROPERTIES: Beautiful floral oils soothes, relaxes, uplifts the spirit and helps maintain confidence. Exquisite aroma. Excellent skin care oil, perfect for aging, dry sensitive skin and on scars and stretch marks. Sensual properties. Is an aid to improve sluggish circulation, relieves tension, stress and anxiety, useful for apprehension like stage fright. Its tranquillising action on the sympathetic nervous system makes a good remedy in cases of insomnia, especially where sleep is disturbed due to depression. Also helpful with neuralgia (nerve pain), headaches and vertigo.

I must add that these properties seem a bit too much to ask from the perfume in a shaving soap. I do believe that a very nice shave causes "uplifting" of the spirit and great joy. Everything else, well, ymmv!

Bye,

Eric

Top Bottom