What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

365 days down....

1 to go!

$cartman-kick-***.jpg

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Last day of the year tomorrow, wow. I'm trying to decide what to use for my shave set up. I was hoping to polish off the sliver of Williams, but I want something better than mediocre. Maybe I'll use one of my vintage Williams soaps.

Last day of the year tomorrow, wow. I'm trying to decide what to use for my shave set up. I was hoping to polish off the sliver of Williams, but I want something better than mediocre. Maybe I'll use one of my vintage Williams soaps.

use all of it...different razor, brush and soap for each pass.

go all out.. CELEBRATE your victory.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
use all of it...different razor, brush and soap for each pass.

go all out.. CELEBRATE your victory.

That's a great idea. I found a few items in a storage drawer, like the vintage Williams, plus my very first badger brush that I bought in Minneapolis back in 1990. Maybe I'll whip up several lathers using a different brush for each.

Well my final shave of 2012 was a great one:

Cella
Omega Mighty Midget
Merkur 34c
Myrsol Limon

Nothing exotic, just solid performers all around. Glad to have all of these items in my stash.

Enjoying what you have is quite often better than snagging new stuff. :thumbup1:

I know I'm late, but I think I'm going to jump in on this for the rest of the year. Wish me luck!

Well I failed miserably. I stopped in an antique mall last Thursday and found two Schick Kronas, a fat handled Tech, a Superspeed, and a Surrey shaving mug, all of which came home with me.

Oh well, I tried.

Top Bottom