What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

I'm through trying virtually everything I see. Been there, done that, much of it was total crap.
I stumbled into this sabbatical knowing that I was headed down the dark path of wanting to get every shaving related item I saw. The eight or nine months I lasted were long enough to sort out a reasonable procurement plan for what I wanted to try and scratch some things off the list that are best avoided.

I've got a solid idea of what I like and it is those items I'm loading up on.

I'm through trying virtually everything I see. Been there, done that, much of it was total crap.

That's my plan as well. Git rid of the middle of the road performers and only keep the really top tier stuff.

That's my plan as well. Git rid of the middle of the road performers and only keep the really top tier stuff.

I guess you have to try a bunch of stuff to know what you really like but I'm past that phase (and glad to be past it).

I've PIFed some, BST'd others, and cast poor to mediocre products to the showers or trash bin. Like Shawn, I want a smaller inventory of the really good stuff. :thumbup1:

PS - 3 days to go & I'm still in! :lol:

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I've got a solid idea of what I like and it is those items I'm loading up on.

My thoughts as well. However, the stuff that I like is very expensive. Ideally I would have another tub of Santa Maria Novella, every flavor of AOS soap AND cream, MDC, more Tabac, MWF, etc...

brucered

System Generated
And I went and made the silly resolution that I wouldn't tempt people in the 2013 thread. Damn.

Noted :glare:

Congrats again to all the 2012 Participants and a big tip of my hat to the ones who made it. I can only hope, I'm successful in the 2013 one.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Noted :glare:

Congrats again to all the 2012 Participants and a big tip of my hat to the ones who made it. I can only hope, I'm successful in the 2013 one.

Yeah, I made the bold claim in the 2013 thread that I would be a good boy. I may pop in and watch you guys, but I won't do any tempting.

brucered

System Generated
Yeah, I made the bold claim in the 2013 thread that I would be a good boy. I may pop in and watch you guys, but I won't do any tempting.

ah, what fun is that. i can't wait to see how many fall early and how long it will take before the 1st person has to shamefully post "I'm Out".

OldSaw

The wife's investment
ah, what fun is that. i can't wait to see how many fall early and how long it will take before the 1st person has to shamefully post "I'm Out".

I think the first one out is required to post a GIF or Youtube clip of Kramer saying, "I'm out!" as he slaps his money on the counter.

brucered

System Generated
363 days down.

2 to go.

Chicks are gonna dig us :tongue_sm:

not only Chicks. :001_wub:

$30469879.jpg

Top Bottom