What's new

2012-- Shave Purchase Sabbatical--Gentlemanly Restraint

Okay there seems to be some confusion....so lets revisit the rules

1. No shaving supplies....hardware or software.. to include but not limited to....
a.Razors (DE, SE, straights, etc NOPE...sharpened clams, obsidian, knives are allowed)
b. Soaps, Creams,etc NOPE....canned Goo (shudder) is allowed.
c. Brushes.....NOPE
d. Strops etc....NOPE
e. Blades NOPE, I just did a quick calculation... I have enough for the next 38 years...Now if somebody were to gift some to you....that's OK except the SWMBO can't be the source....too much influence
Now I'm glad I didn't formally commit to this. I picked up a couple of items in the week between Christmas and New Year so even though they are yet to arrive I am technically in solidarity with the folks who are participating.

I don't think I could have made it with these rules though. I have plenty of blades, but I entered the year with single pucks/tubs of my soap rotation, that is only one puck/tub each of Tabac, MWF, Cella, DRH Arlington and Proraso with a single stick of Irisch Moos to supplement them. Without replacement I don't think I could manage this challenge.

:001_tt2:

I don't think I could have made it with these rules though. I have plenty of blades, but I entered the year with single pucks/tubs of my soap rotation, that is only one puck/tub each of Tabac, MWF, Cella, DRH Arlington and Proraso with a single stick of Irisch Moos to supplement them. Without replacement I don't think I could manage this challenge.

:001_tt2:

If those were all about new, I betcha you could. Even if you shave every single day, that'd only be about 70 per. The only one that might even be close would be the Cella.

you are a CRUEL task-master. Soo... When you gonna cave? :)

I suggest at least 4 shaves on a blade although if you were a SE user you easily could get 7 and if like me you salt in the straight at least 3 days a week......just saying

OldSaw

The wife's investment
less then 3 hours to Order whatever you need to be in !!!!!!!

I got your PM and I decided I would try to go the whole year with the 50 or so blades that I have on hand. Even though I am not very committed to this sabbatical, I now feel like this could be a fun challenge.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Okay there seems to be some confusion....so lets revisit the rules

1. No shaving supplies....hardware or software.. to include but not limited to....
a.Razors (DE, SE, straights, etc NOPE...sharpened clams, obsidian, knives are allowed)
b. Soaps, Creams,etc NOPE....canned Goo (shudder) is allowed.
c. Brushes.....NOPE
d. Strops etc....NOPE
e. Blades NOPE, I just did a quick calculation... I have enough for the next 38 years...Now if somebody were to gift some to you....that's OK except the SWMBO can't be the source....too much influence

Now if that once in a lifetime buy shows up.... like a Toggle for 15 cents or a Bill Ellis straight....well lets talk about it.

B&B LE and B&B Auctions...etc are given a automatic bye.

What say everybody ???

Well, I do have a DE blade hone. I could always give that a whirl. But trades are OK? I wonder how many Feathers I could get for a Slim or a Gold ball end tech?

so I bought 2 Omega boars a few days ago, and today ordered a bowl of tabac. tomorrow i'll probably order some more cologne decants.

Maybe a slant.

Top Bottom