What's new

Toggle #2 @ Estate sale...Enjoy!

Went to an Estate sale a lady does here in town but THIS town was some thirty minutes away. The sale started at 9am and I arrived at 10:30. Well, as I went through the side yard entrance, there on the covered porch were tables with long flat coke case boxes full of high value small items. My eyes immediately went to a box on the end. There along with a red tip wa the Toggle! I couldn't believe my eyes! I told the guy I'll take both of those. He proceded to put them into a ziplock bag and told me to "get a number". I slunk over to do just that. Those weren't mine yet. That gave me tim to go peruse trhough the bath area. What should I find? Evidence of past razors. Wilkinson sword plastic case. Platnimum Gillette razor case. A shick adjustable razor.
Well y number was finally called and the estate sales lad recognized me said " I was wondering if you'd show up". She then proceded to turn over my ticket and write 5. Without much ado she said it was good seeing you and hd to tend to other customers.
Now about that 5. Yup, it's what I paid. For a toggle & red tip.
Now, lest you think this is thievery, the guy who took my money(I won't mention his name) is also a collector. He has over fifty in his collection! So she is not without protection:) He greeted me and looked at the Toggle and said "nice razors glad you showed up". My daughter got a squishy soccer ball. Free:w00t: Happy as pie. To see her happy is worth it. I was happy too!

(It's the one on the left with the red dot.) As you may recall the one on the right I got at an Antique store.

Attachments

• $toggle22.jpg
    $toggle22.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 438
  • $toggle44.jpg
    $toggle44.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 434
  • $toggle55.jpg
    $toggle55.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 435
  • $toggle66.jpg
    $toggle66.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 691
Thanks guys! I can't believe it either. Especially when you show up an hour and a half late to a sale. 2 dollars and 50 cents each is a miracle.

Holy Toledo! Great score man. I thought I did good at 65 bucks, you are the king at Toggle acquisitions.

LOL! Unfortunately I dont see kings stopping around e state sales. Lately I've been on a lucky streak. Unbelievably lucky.

Last edited:
i have yet to find a single razor at any of the estate sales i go to. i try to go to them about every weekend but nothing. well one of them i found something at, but the lady knew i was comin and kept t on the side for me so it wasnt really me finding it lol

Top Bottom