What's new

Which AD Do You Not Have?

So far, I don't have a shaving brush AD. But that's only because I can't afford the Simpson brushes that I really like the look of.

Blades. I have settled on Personna Med Preps. With an occasional Feather. Can't say I'm immune as to razors, soaps, creams, brushes, or scuttles

Razors, blades, soaps, cremes, sticks, balms and aftershaves. I have what I need and only replenish as required.

I am not attracted to some of the "legacy" items you sometimes see offered for sale. I have no trouble believing that a fine shaving soap made decades ago might surpass some of the current offerings on the market, but I don't want to buy, say, a tuck of vintage 1943 Gillette blades on an auction site. With my luck, they'd be so damn good that it would spoil for me the blades I can count on being available.

Somehow I don't feel the same about the hardware. A beautiful, well made, masterpiece razor from the 1930s is an extremely desirable item -- I'd probably use Feather blades and some Stirling shaving soap to utilize it though.
:euro:

I have at least 12 years worth of blades, DE and twinblade carts, maybe 8 cream tubes if I counted them, 1 cream tub, 3 balms or milks, 4 containers of Old Spice splash (mixed Indian and vintage), maybe a handful of razors new and vintage. At this point I have only 2 soap pucks or tubs, and 3 soap sticks, so SAD is what I almost lack.
Bath and body soaps include maybe 12 mass-market deodorant bars, 6 olive oil handmades, rose, and half a dozen lavenders.
If I lose my job and quickly run down the money, I will have personal hygiene supplies for as long as I still have a warm place to stay.

Brushes. I'm completely happy with my two brushes.

I've got my Omega Pro 49 and another as a back up. It's been my daily driver for 2 years now and it's all ever use.

I don't have blades (I liked the first one I tried), razors (I have enough), or brushes (I might buy a second brush eventually to have a backup). I like window shopping for soaps, creams, and AS. However, I haven't bought any shaving stuff since November.

I really don't have RAD. I bought several razors trying to find what I liked best, and pretty much run the board from EJ89 to R41 and Futur. I am waiting on a Wolfman, but I'm not looking for any more. I can see why people would get into the vintage searching, but it just isn't my thing.

I have a mild case of SBAD. I thought I was done with the couple I had, but I kept having to try something different, then something different, and then they really start to look nice on the shelf. I only have a half dozen, but I'm always kind of window shopping for the next one.

I have a bad case of SSAD. It seems like I'm always ordering one before the last one even hits the mailbox. My wife is starting to think I'm wierd. She's right, but I hate to give her more ammo.

Blades: I found that I liked Astra SPs early on. I have several hundred.... Is that an AD or just planning ahead? :001_smile

Last edited:
No AD for creams, brushes, blades, aftershaves and colognes, or vintage gear. In each of those categories (well, other than vintage gear, of which I have none) I've got a couple of things that work for me, and I stick to them.

I do, however, suffer from mild SAD. I'm also always on the lookout for interesting or high-quality razors, although wouldn't say it was AD as such - I don't scramble to buy whatever the newest offerings are, and haven't bought a razor in well over 6 months.

I also like the look of many custom brushes, but have never felt compelled to order one.

I could say technically I don't any AD related to pre or post shave products, but I just found a source for pinaud, fine and a lot more AS's so.. That might be happening soon

I don't really have brush AD - I have one badger and two boars. I also don't have razor AD - I have a Muhle R89 and bought the R41 head and a Maggard handle. I'm happy with those.

I do have soap, aftershave, and blade ADs, though.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I start with everything AD, but it fades as I settle on favorites.

I have a relatively small brush collection (8) but use the SOC almost all the time. I've had quite a cream collection, but I currently have TWO - and almost regret it every time I don't use the Castle Forbes.

I'm down to two blades and have enough for many years. Two scuttles but only use one and don't lust for another. I have 6 razors and use the same one 350 days a year.

But I will read a good review of a soap or cream I have yet to try and then that itch will need to be scratched.

Top Bottom