What's new

Look Ma! No blood!

and only 4 shaves in. I'm only doing WTG WTG for now but I'm really pleasantly surprised at the quality of the shaves already and I'm not seeing the need to touch up with the DE. Thanks for the hints and tips guys!

Congrats on the shaves. Sounds like you're ahead of the game already. I know it took me quite a few shaves before I was comfortable with my straight.

Congrats on the shaving success! I am three shaves in, and have had a nick and a couple superficial slices... Nothing that bad. I am getting more comfortable though!
Good luck !

The shave before I started with a straight I shaved with a Kampf Star before trading it to a fella in exchange for his shaveable W & B. I'd never used it before and figured it was the last opportunity. That sucker did more damage to my face than any shave I had in 2 years. It was so much more difficult to figure out the angle on that baby than to figure the angle on the straights. I never did have great luck with any of the S.E.'s anyway.

I only sliced myself badly once since starting and that was the first time I tried to shave my upper lip. I think I rested the blade on my skin before making the pass while I adjusted the angle and gave myself a good one right under my nose. Other than that just minor knicks that closed up after a cold rinse. But my luck is entirely due to the comments, descriptions and videos I've found in this section of the forums.

Top Bottom