What's new

Edwin Jagger De89 or Merkur 34C

OP wasn't asking for what was more popular but what would be closest to the Aristocrat. In any case, OP was last active 07-14-2013 so the OP won't benefit from responses after that date.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
OP wasn't asking for what was more popular but what would be closest to the Aristocrat. In any case, OP was last active 07-14-2013 so the OP won't benefit from responses after that date.

:lol:I was thinking the same thing. How does a three year old thread get hot - boom - just like that?

The only thing I don't like about my 89, is its kind of bulky, so doesn't do a very good job under the nostrils. I do that part with a Mach 3.
i don't know if any other de razor would be any better, though.

You couldn't go wrong with either, but I prefer the DE89. I always get a wonderful, easy shave with it.

I have both. EJ89 Extra Grip is my favorite, better quality construction. The Merkur 34c is a good 2 piece razor and gives a good shave but it seems I get a better shave with my EJ

I adore my 34c HD. I wonder at times if it's really cutting it is smooth. Now I have the Merkur 38c "Barber Pole" and for my liking it is the best.

I have both. Although I started with the EJ, I use the 34c more. To be fair I haven't used the EJ since early in my wetshaving days, so maybe I'll give it a run and see.
I do use my 34 c daily though.
Just buy both lol

Never tried a EJ89, but love the 34c. You probably can't go wrong with either.

i have both and they truly are both quality razors. The Merkur is a bit more aggressive. As far as the 89 performance, I prefer the head made by Muhle over the Edwin Jagger. If you own any of these three you are well set.

Top Bottom