What's new

SuperMax Blue Diamond blades - still in production?

Since getting back into DE shaving 3 months ago, I've been trying out different brands of blades to see which ones agree with my skin/beard type. One of the brands I've really come to enjoy is SuperMax's "Blue Diamond" platinum coated blades. I rec'd 3 BBS shaves from each blade and now I'm out. They came in a 5 blade tuck and now I'm looking to buy more, but I can't seem to find a vendor that sells them in more economical 100 pack bricks.

I've checked the bay and most of the vendors on B&B with no luck. I really hope they haven't been discontinued. I'm too close to being cured of RBAD for this to happen now! :001_tongu:

Attachments

• $supermax.jpg
    $supermax.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 817
I bought a pillar (as pictured) from a UK vendor on the 'Bay about November last year. Ultra cheap of what I can remember. Decent blades for the money, good value.

Try going to ebay.co.uk and searching there?

EDIT: BestShave still has single tucks for sale, but is out of Pillars. He is very good with customer requests, maybe shoot off an email and ask?

Last edited:
That's where I got mine from. He doesn't have any full bricks/pillars and doesn't know if they're still being manufactured. Vidyut's website is not very helpful, either. I just ordered 50 of their new "Sunrise" titanium blades and I'm hoping they're just as good, or better. The price however, is much higher than the Blue Diamond blades.

According to the website, there are 20x '10 blade' (so two tucks per item) in stock, which makes 200 blades. If they work for you, 200 blades should last a while.

You may have to try and get in contact with Vidyut themselves, either via phone or email and ask.

Forgive me for updating this thread. I found this old version "blue diamond platinum" blade. a new version of the titanium-coated. Are there differences between the sharpness and smoothness of the old and new versions? ?

I see that you can get them through Sovereign Hair Products which is located in the UK. Cheaper to order through them on Ebay. As to whether they are currently produced or NOS, I'm not 100% sure.

No...they are out of production,and this was Super-Max's best blade IMHO...The Titanium as pictured above from Swedish Steel are actually made in Bangladesh at the Sharp factory ,although packs may be labeled "India" as they have offices there...There was run of SM Platinums that were not Blue Diamonds ,these were not as smooth as the Blue Diamonds...

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I picked up a hundred SuperMax Titaniums, right before they turned vaporware ...

brand-o-the-month, I guess.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Wow; the discontinued "Titaniums" they are getting $35/100 for ... mine have the hologram. Did pay $10 or so.

Hm.

AA

The blue diamond with the Titanium coating are OK, can get three or four good shaves on one.

I can't see how these are out of production when eBay is fully stocked starting at £4.25/100.

Top Bottom