What's new

Truely amazing how different blades are

I have been wet shaving for a few weeks now and slowly working my way through the blade sampler pack. I have to say I am truly amazed at how much difference the blades make. I know, I know...everyone posts how 70+% is the blade, but...Wow.

I always knew my beard was installed by the same company that did the Trans-Atlantic cable, but each time I step up to a sharper blade, the happier my face gets.

I've gone through Merkurs, Israeli Personas, Derby's, and now I'm on Gillette's. I have a feeling I'm going to end up with Feather's, but I still have Swords first. :biggrin:

For the other newbies out there, don't loose heart! Try another blade!!!

- WhatBear

You are right about the blade difference. However, I think you will also notice improvement with your technique and the difference it makes. When I started with my sampler pack, I had a similar journey. Sharper and sharper was better and better. But once I mastered the technique more, I noticed that I do not need the sharpest blade out there at all.

Happy shaving!

You may be interested in trying the Slant Bar with the blade you find best, once your technique is good. And several people have commented that J.M. Fraser's shaving cream (Canadian, but you can Google for suppliers) is especially good at softening tough beards.

Enjoy, and welcome. And more blades to try here.

Top Bottom