What's new

Favorite DE Blades?

Just curious what are everyone's favorite blades? I am new and still in trial-and-error with my 5/10 packs, so I haven't settled on a favorite yet.

My Favs are the Iridiums, which seem to now be unavailable/discontinued :mad3:

Also like the Feather, Gillette Bleue Extra, Astra SP, Bluebirds, Concord and a few others...

I'm a fan of Feather, Derby, and Merkur, but I would not suggest the Feather unless you are confident with your technique and very familiar with your hair pattern.

Personna Reds and Wilkinson Classic. Love them both, smooth shave with not cuts and rare irritation from either.

Perma-sharps (gold box)
Rapira (platinum then super stainless, but both excellent)
Gillette Black
Astra SS

Thorn, if you're interested in trying the permas or the rapira ss, pm me your address and I'll send you some, as I am well stocked with those.:tongue_sm

I like smooth rather than super sharp ,among many great blades I put gillette goals at the top,along with ladas,wilkies,most of the egyptian blades from the lord plant,gillette greens from russia along with most of the other st. petersburg blades....

My absolute favorite blades are the Schick Plus Platinums, but you have to find those NOS, since they haven't been produced since the '90s. My favorite current production blade nomination would have to go to the Lord Racer Super Stainless. Sharp, smooth, and with ridiculous longevity. Most blades last me 3-4 shaves, and I routinely get 8-10 shaves from the Racers.:w00t:

It's just a matter of getting your hands on a wide variety of blades and putting them through your own personal blade testing gauntlet to figure out what you want to stock up on. Have fun in your testing, and happy shaving!:thumbup1:

Dorco ST301, closely followed by Derby. Both of these blades are very smooth. I prefer the Dorco over the Derby are they are available locally and Derby are only available online.

I've tried a lot of blades and I've gotten excellent shaves at times from many of them. All the gillettes treated me well and so did the Derby and the Shark. I still have some Dorcos at home that I will try.
But recently after a long period of trying various blades I went back to the Feather. And honestly though some may be milder and some definitely last longer and almost all are cheaper I don't think any of the others comes close as far as a day after day high quality shaving experience.
Like I said I am still going to try the Dorcos because I have some and they come highly recommended by Jarrod at Superior Shave. But my experimenting days may be over.

Top Bottom