What's new

Shark Supe Stainless or Chrome?

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Which do you all think is the better Shark, the Super Chrome or Super Stainless? Not asking what's better than them, or what they're better than.

Title, should, of course, read super not supe.

Last edited:
I just got my order of Super Stainless in and after two shaves I'm convinced. I haven't tried the Chrome to offer a fair comparison.

I have yet to try any Chrome blade that suits me. Stainless for me.

I'm confused as to what a "chrome" blade really is. I am new to DE shaving but I know from knives and firearms that stainless steel is at least 10.5-11% chromium. Chromium is what makes stainless steel.... stainless steel.

So when I see blades that say "chrome" or "chromium," I kinda think that it's just a fancy marketing way to simply say "stainless."

Am I way off here?

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
After using numerous blades looking for my # 1 ('go-to'), blade...I prefer Shark Super Chome blades. :thumbup:

Christopher
proxy.php
"A razor [blade] can't be sharpened on a piece of velvet." Anonymous

captp

I'm confused as to what a "chrome" blade really is. I am new to DE shaving but I know from knives and firearms that stainless steel is at least 10.5-11% chromium. Chromium is what makes stainless steel.... stainless steel.

So when I see blades that say "chrome" or "chromium," I kinda think that it's just a fancy marketing way to simply say "stainless."

Am I way off here?

Chrome means it's coated (or plated) in chromium. You'll also see platinum and iridium, which, I believe, means the same thing, coated in another metal. All of these metals are harder than steel and are coatings for smoothness and durability.

Someone please correct me if I got that wrong.

Last edited:

captp

Chrome will be kicking off, Stainless will receive. Gentlemen, let us have a good game:001_rolle

I prefer the SS version and I have tried both. To me, the SS seems to last longer with the amount of shaves it can handle before pulling. I use the Shark SS as a back up to my Personna Medicals. The Shark SS served me well for almost a year before trying the Medicals.

Try both to see which one you like. YMMV

I just had my 4th shave (3+ passes each) with the chrome.

Wasn't the greatest shave, I just wanted to see how far I could go.

Usually I only use a blade for 3 days.

Top Bottom