What's new

Thoughts on Shark Super Chrome blades?

I used a total of 5 Shark Super Chrome blades from a sampler pack i bought.
From these 5 blades i had the impression 2 of them were very dull, giving a tugging effect. I had 3 blades that worked ok for about 3 shaves and then the tugging became very very bad (good blades give me about 7 good shaves on average).
The Shark Super Stainless 5 pack was clearly better for me, 6 good shaves, but not as good as for example a Derby Premium or Rapira Platinum Lux or Treet Platinum for me.

The Shark Chromium blades are for me among the worst blades i ever used, only usable for 3 shaves. I dont have a very though beard, but apart from some unknown chinese blades they were the worst of all blades i ever used (about 12 different kinds of blades).

Blades are so weird, for example the Astra Superior Platinums give me about 3 scratchy first shaves and then they become good for me for about 5 to 6 shaves. I dont like to go through 3 bad shaves before getting good ones, so i dont evr use these anymore.

I've used all Shark blades from time to time in the past 7yrs and best I can describe is they are all razor dependent. Super chromes worked great in my Timeless and better than SS or Platinum but its the opposite in my Blackbird... I've found when it comes to blades they are user and razor dependent and you just need to check them out to see if they are for you or not!! Probably the least expensive item we use in wet shaving next to shave soap...

Shark Platinums

Installed one—a blade you sent—in a contract Tech after having pushed a Suneko well into double digits. The shave sure seemed effortless, and there was zero wounding. New versus very old blade may be a big part of the story, but I had the impression I didn't like Sharks; that notion just didn't hold water, it seems.

Installed one—a blade you sent—in a contract Tech after having pushed a Suneko well into double digits. The shave sure seemed effortless, and there was zero wounding. New versus very old blade may be a big part of the story, but I had the impression I didn't like Sharks; that notion just didn't hold water, it seems.
Glad you liked it. They are an often overlooked, but very nice blade. Enjoy your shaves!

come-to-the-shark-side-for-shark-lovers-shark-mens-t-shirt.jpg

Top Bottom