What's new

MB aromatic pipe tobacco burn?

I just got a tub of Mama Bear's aromatic pipe tobacco soap and it smells like absolute heaven. It is so easy to get thick, slick lather it almost feels like cheating. My only problem is that it tingles (kind of burns) my face when I use it. It smells so good I hate to discontinue using it. I think it irritates my skin so much because there is so much fragrance oil in it (which is a great thing, I can smell it on me hours after shaving). Does anyone else have trouble with it?

I'm going to try to using my badger brush with it tomorrow instead of my still-not-broken-in Semogue 620 boar to see if that makes a difference. If it doesn't help I'm probably just going to buy a tub of MB unscented shaving soap to dilute it until it doesn't hurt anymore. It just smells far too good not to make it work.

Unfortunately, it's not unusual for heavily scented soaps to cause an allergic reaction. Mama Bear's offers some of the finest glycerin based shaving soaps around, and the scents are outstanding. I use several, and have had the face burn with some as well. One of my favorites is Aged Spice, but the first couple of times I used it I got a significant burn that left my face pink. I left it alone for a couple of weeks, then decided to give it another go. That time, and ever since, no burn.

I don't know if you will be as fortunate, but it might be worth a few tries before you give up on it. Good luck!

Top Bottom