What's new

WSP Formula T Shea Butter and Tallow

If I can just move these tiny bats outta' the way! Okay I've used this stuff once and it feels good on my face but it's too soon to offer a review on the chemistry -- I need more shaves with this stuff. However I wished that the soap came in a much larger tub like that from Castle Forbes and TOBS, so that I can whip up a larger batch without it spilling over the side into the drain. WSP's tub is too narrow. Any remedies would be appreciated.

If I can just move these tiny bats outta' the way!
Easy enough...
Holiday.jpg

Reactions: bjm
If you have an empty container, transfer some of the product to make room. And then add some back to the original WSP tub as you use up the soap.

I might transfer three ounces or more from a full tub to another container. That leaves plenty of room to load my brush without spillover. You might be satisfied with transferring only half.

Good luck 👍

If you have an empty container, transfer some of the product to make room. And then add some back to the original WSP tub as you use up the soap.

I might transfer three ounces or more from a full tub to another container. That leaves plenty of room to load my brush without spillover. You might be satisfied with transferring only half.

Good luck 👍
To mold the soap to a larger container, do I fill it part way with water, allow the soap to soften over time, then "push" the soap into the walls???

OK, but please don't PIF your brush to me!
PIF?????

The degree of difficulty depends on the soap. Softer soaps like Arko can just pressed into the container. Harder soaps will be easier if you grate them first; I've also found I can just cut the puck into smaller chunks to mold them. You won't hurt the soap, so experiment with different approaches until you find what works best for you.

PIF:
Pay It Forward. Rather than "paying it back" to older members, paying it forward means giving away shaving equipment to newbies. PIF can be used as a noun or a verb.

Last edited:
The degree of difficulty depends on the soap. Softer soaps like Arko can just pressed into the container. Harder soaps will be easier if you grate them first; I've also found I can just cut the puck into smaller chunks to mold them. You won't hurt the soap, so experiment with different approaches until you find what works best for you.

PIF:
Pay It Forward. Rather than "paying it back" to older members, paying it forward means giving away shaving equipment to newbies. PIF can be used as a noun or a verb.

Am I able to charge for shipping and handling for the item(s)?? Do I just list the same as a for sale item specifying PIF?

WSP shave soap is good but at $25.00 plus shipping their are some great soaps out there for less $$$.:thumbup1:
With all due respect my complexion isn't yours. I get a perfect BBS using Castle Forbes and Truefitt & Hill soaps like no other. Checkout their prices.

Am I able to charge for shipping and handling for the item(s)?? Do I just list the same as a for sale item specifying PIF?
I'm no expert on the PIF process, nor can I tell you what to do in your case. That said, whether or not you want to charge for shipping and handling is totally up to you.

You may want to search for "PIF" posts to get an idea of what others have done in the past. The final decision is yours and yours alone.

Okay I've been using WSP FORMULA T for a couple of months and it's THE BOMB. It's lubricants and emollients really do my face a nice job. ...Every bit as good as TOBS, Truefitt & Hill and Castle Forbes. EVERY BIT. 8)) I am 70 years old with the complexion of a 15 year old. Genetics.

Okay I've been using WSP FORMULA T for a couple of months and it's THE BOMB. It's lubricants and emollients really do my face a nice job. ...Every bit as good as TOBS, Truefitt & Hill and Castle Forbes. EVERY BIT. 8)) I am 70 years old with the complexion of a 15 year old. Genetics.
The Formual T is my favorite from WSP

By far WSP produces some of the best triple milled Tallow soaps in the artisan game. I really enjoy the rich & creamy lather that the Formula T provides. Their vegan offerings though aren’t to shabby either and their shave creams first two top row in the argan, aloe & shea base is pretty freakin good as well. The two at the bottom row far right are WSP made soaps for a line from BullGooseShaving named the Asylum line which no longer exists. These also were/are excellent and featured the Tallow based formula as well.

Tins are small and are a bit of a hassle but, I just take my finger and wipe off the excess from the tin and sides and place it on my face or bowl. Easy as that.

It’s a quality soap and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.,

927EE6FB-499E-46A3-BB53-D37C43CF4063.jpeg

By far WSP produces some of the best triple milled Tallow soaps in the artisan game. I really enjoy the rich & creamy lather that the Formula T provides. Their vegan offerings though aren’t to shabby either and their shave creams first two top row in the argan, aloe & shea base is pretty freakin good as well. The two at the bottom row far right are WSP made soaps for a line from BullGooseShaving named the Asylum line which no longer exists. These also were/are excellent and featured the Tallow based formula as well.

Tins are small and are a bit of a hassle but, I just take my finger and wipe off the excess from the tin and sides and place it on my face or bowl. Easy as that.

It’s a quality soap and as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.,

View attachment 1784617
large assortments of WSP 😁

Top Bottom