What's new

Did the full size Czech & Speake No. 88 soap in the black aluminum bowl go away?

I can only seem to find the travel size version now. This is one of my ultimate wish list soaps, so I check on it every now and then. Thanks in advance.

Well don't I feel like a tool.

There it is, right on Cambridge Chemists' website. I don't know why it didn't turn up in a google shopping search.

So, uh, does anyone have this stuff? I think Jim does. I seem to remember him creating a thread on it when it was first introduced. Do any of you guys like it?

Their website is gone. We are doomed. BTW I thanked that I bought 2 pucks No.88 for spare but that dish was awesome with that impossible price.

Last edited:
Well don't I feel like a tool.

There it is, right on Cambridge Chemists' website. I don't know why it didn't turn up in a google shopping search.

So, uh, does anyone have this stuff? I think Jim does. I seem to remember him creating a thread on it when it was first introduced. Do any of you guys like it?

It's a great performer with a creamy and protective lather. The O&C soap is equally good. Not sure about the outrageous price for the aluminum dish.

I went to order a puck of O&C soap from C&S earlier this week. I can live with a puck costing £20 (even less when they deduct VAT to send it to me) but the thought of paying £23 in shipping costs for one puck of soap stopped me in my tracks......

It is a great soap. I prefer the scent of the Oxford & Cambridge, however. The 88 is a little too peppery to my nose. I buy the refill pucks --the bowls are rediculously expensive.

Top Bottom