What's new

New DE wet-shaver!

Hey fellow wet-shavers! My name is Erik, and I'm a new DE wet-shaver from Sweden. Some of my interests are playing/composing & listening to music, photography, health & self-improvement, languages etc; the list could go on forever to be honest.

Ever since I first started out shaving I had been using a Gilette Mach 3 razor. Even if the blades worked decently at first I found that blades quickly went dullish after 2 or 3 uses, and the blades were expensive to boot! So I just knew I had to find a better alternative to the multi-blade razors out there on the market. I started checking out whether there were any good electrical shavers since it would eventually cut down the costs of having to buy new blades regularly, but after giving one of my friends high-end electrical shaver a try I just felt disappointment since it couldn't really give me that BBS feel. Plus it was very irritating for the skin.

Last week I was just surfing around watching videos on YouTube and by chance I stumbled upon mantic59's channel. I watched a few of his videos and I just knew this was what I had been looking for all along. I spent the whole evening looking up reviews on different DE razors and sent away an order for what I would need for the shave I had been dreaming of. And today the package arrived with this:

proxy.php

I just had my first shave with the Merkur Progress and I have to say that even if I didn't manage to get a perfect shave, especially under the chin area where it was tricky to get a good angle, the shave feels really nice and putting on the lather with the badger brush was an amazing experience! All-in-all, I really enjoyed my first shave and can't help but look forward to the next time I need to shave. I don't think I remember the last time I was looking forward to shaving :laugh:

Well, that's my story. I hope to learn a lot more about traditional wet-shaving and I hope to get along with everyone!

I don't think I remember the last time I was looking forward to shaving :laugh:

Well, that's my story. I hope to learn a lot more about traditional wet-shaving and I hope to get along with everyone!

I have this feeling often and feel that it is quite common. I experience it frequently myself.

Everyone is incredibly pleasant on this board, with a great amount of knowledge...I don't think you'll have any problems at all.

Good shaves to you!
Dave

Welcome to B&B! You picked a really fine setup, and have everything you need for months/years of great shaving.

Good to have you aboard.

Codfish

Welcome to B&B! Very nice setup you have there...should serve you well until the ADs kick in! :w00t:

Don't be afraid to ask questions...many great folks on this site willing to help out. Best wishes!

Top Bottom